Talk about changing colors!!

woodyard

That place looks familiar. Is that just north of Sulphur Wells Island on Ky lake? Not trying to get your honey holes.
Just trying to see if my memory is any good
Oh by the way he is probably in camo mode , to sneak up on those shad.

WTM

woodyard":1kfatgrp said:
That place looks familiar. Is that just north of Sulphuric Wells Island on Ky lake? Not trying to get your honey holes.

east side holds the smalleys. looks like the mouth of ******** **** to me. :tu:

woodyard

WTM":4w56vdh0 said:
woodyard":4w56vdh0 said:
That place looks familiar. Is that just north of Sulphuric Wells Island on Ky lake? Not trying to get your honey holes.

Yes ,you are probably right , I thought I could make out the power lines, but the bridge seemed close.

TRIGGER

WTM":2jq06s2t said:
woodyard":2jq06s2t said:

Correct

TRIGGER

Bigmonts":12cwhkx0 said:
I have been told they are light like that in deep cold water. Then it warmed up in the live well. IDK

Showed this to a buddy. He had a smallmouth in a fish tank. He said it look like the one in the first picture until he dumped minnows in the tank then it would turn almost black. Interesting how/why they do this.

WTM

TRIGGER":2gqls10q said:
Bigmonts":2gqls10q said:
I have been told they are light like that in deep cold water. Then it warmed up in the live well. IDK

Showed this to a buddy. He had a smallmouth in a fish tank. He said it look like the one in the first picture until he dumped minnows in the tank then it would turn almost black. Interesting how/why they do this.

camoflage and like 7mm08 said sometimes stress and spawning. flatheads will do the same and lmb to some extent. we used to catch flatheads down at saltillo in doe creek. theyd be yellow as a canary then change colors.

how is the shad up there?

TRIGGER

Saturday was the first time I have been on KY Lake since early July besides night fishing so I haven't scanned enough to give you an accurate answer but "dock talk" says the numbers are up.

The fishing seems to be what I have experienced the last couple years. We only had 5 keeper bites all day but had a 7.5 lb and 4.87 lb. Ended up finishing first and had big fish. 19.87 lbs

double browtine

TRIGGER":2d8jra29 said:

Saturday was the first time I have been on KY Lake since early July besides night fishing so I haven't scanned enough to give you an accurate answer but "dock talk" says the numbers are up.

The fishing seems to be what I have experienced the last couple years. We only had 5 keeper bites all day but had a 7.5 lb and 4.87 lb. Ended up finishing first and had big fish. 19.87 lbs

That is a great day fishing for this time of year! Congratulations on the win!

Jmed

I had a pet smallie for several years in an aquarium and had a lot of fun with him. In the mornings when I turned on the light he would be dark stripped and by the time I got dressed and headed out the door he would lighten up. When they have that pale color its usually cool muddy or possibly deep water. Thats a pretty one!

Latest posts