Talk about being mad

Rakkin6

Let me start off by saying that me and my wife have been getting our house treated for spiders bugs etc. (Wife is from Chicago where they have rats has big has a cat but let a moth land on her and it's over) for years by this company and I will not mention the companies name due to one bad or incompetent employee.

We always get the outside of our house sprayed, porch, around the foundation garage etc. We also have a crawlspace you actually can walk into it has a door to get under the house. For the past 7 years they will go under there and put a little dust around the foundation which is odorless. Everything the company uses is odorless and plant based. I store my hunting clothes in large Ziploc Baggies inside of large plastic bins, decoys, treestands in the crawlspace. The decoys were sitting out on top of the plastic bins blind chairs, game cart etc were out. This guy instead of dusting took the hose that you spray outside with and sprayed my crawl space with it. Not only did it get on my bins, decoys etc I now have this stuff puddling up on my vapor barrier.

I contacted the company and they are sending a team out to clean it up tomorrow and they said they will make things right which I appreciate. But what kind of idiot would spray a garden hose full of bug killer even if it is plant based or not into a crawlspace in this Tennessee humidity? I don't think any of my hunting clothing was touched due to it being inside of the bags and tough boxes but I am washing to be on the safe side which will probably take several days considering how much stuff I had down there.

The company has been cool and the GM called me and asked me what they can do to make it right. I told him we would talk about it tomorrow since I was a little agitated at the moment and didn't want to be rude.

In your guys opinion what would you do? I want to replace my bins and storage bags and it will take several days to wash all this stuff plus the time they have to take to clean it out and air it out. Right now all of my stuff is sitting under my deck in the elements.

I know this is a long post but I appreciate any advice you may have.
f25bd1cd8959cb88a50f39b891e9b20b.jpg
5f05e61642ecbfc08ba0e9581cca2637.jpg
2ee2e69659efc58f1c5cf1479fcfb5da.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

AT Hiker

I wouldn't worry about personally, heck I rarely wash my hunting cloths. I do wear merino wool so that does make a little difference.
Actually, I dose my cloths In permethrin...

Rakkin6

Not so much worries about the clothes but a little miffed but have all that moisture/chemical puddling under my house/joists which isn't drying out soon. Those are just the pics I took. The whole crawlspace is like that.

Rakkin6

Forgot to mention they got some of my wife's Christmas decorations so there is that also. Lol

Rakkin6

Yeah I am worried about both hunting clothes, decoys etc. But also would like opinions on the non-hunting side also. Didn't mean to sound like I didn't care about the hunting side. At the end of the day I am washing all my stuff. They can say it is plant based but it still likes stuff.

Rakkin6

Lol this is true, I am thinking about asking them just to replace my bins, clean up the mess and 2 or 3 free services for my time washing the clothes, chairs etc. And if it ruins my zink decoys to replace them. Does that sound unfair?

Polarkraft

Rakkin6":3swu8sxc said:
Not so much worries about the clothes but a little miffed but have all that moisture/chemical puddling under my house/joists which isn't drying out soon. Those are just the pics I took. The whole crawlspace is like that.

Moisture in a crawlspace is inevitable. Its not enough to cause any damage to the framing and if your foundation is vented properly itll be dry by Saturday or sunday.

This week alone I've been in 3 crawls with pools of water that are 6+" deep. There was no negative effects. Long term reoccurring moisture is what causes problems.

The fact that he likely didnt follow company protocol on this is the only issue here

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rakkin6

Polarkraft":2efbvosq said:
Rakkin6":2efbvosq said:

Moisture in a crawlspace is inevitable. Its not enough to cause any damage to the framing and if your foundation is vented properly itll be dry by Saturday or sunday.

This week alone I've been in 3 crawls with pools of water that are 6+" deep. There was no negative effects. Long term reoccurring moisture is what causes problems.

The fact that he likely didnt follow company protocol on this is the only issue here

Cool I like to get all comments because I don't know. It just seems wrong that all that poison is puddling under my house.

Polarkraft

Rakkin6":26mu7dzx said:
Polarkraft":26mu7dzx said:
Rakkin6":26mu7dzx said:

Cool I like to get all comments because I don't know. It just seems wrong that all that poison is puddling under my house.

I do structural inspections for an engineering firm, its good that you consider the effects to the structure. That's a rare trait in most homeowners

Mag

2-Step Enabled
I work for a company that's in the service business and can relate. Sometimes, no matter how well they are trained, an employee just simply screws up. The positive in this, so far, is that it sounds like you're dealing with a reputable company and a GM who wants to make it right. That's great. I don't think you are being unreasonable by asking for some reimbursement for your damages and time. Good luck. I also admire your professionalism by cooling off prior to speaking with the GM, can't say I've always been able to do that! lol. Good luck.

Latest posts