Taking the HGCP class?

Slaughter-06

A friend signed us up to take the CP class It is all going to be done in one day testing and shooting,
What do I need to take with me?
can I take more then one gun?
how many shells do I need to take?
How much shooting will we be doing?
Do I walk in with my gun and shells firt thing or leave them in the truck until after testing is complete?

ferg

Dang slow down LOL

Id and cash to pay for the class
One gun is plenty -
Take a box of shells (50)
All of them will be shot
Leave it in the truck till you get the go ahead

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Take 2 boxes of shells just in case you happen to need them. And yep, leave them in the truck until needed.

dr

Take a pistol you can shoot accurately, and cheaply. I used a 22 cal. Ruger target pistol. Not what I would carry for defense though.

SilverFox

This may be way off... Since I don't know how the classes are set up here in TN. If this is suppose to be a 2 day course and they are doing it one day, I would pass on it. They caught some guys in SC skipping stuff in the class and charged the instructors and the people taking the class. I was told they threw the book at them. It's suppose to be a 2 day course in SC.

If this is not the case in TN then disregard.

RUGER

Supporter
2-Step Enabled
Friend of mine helps his brother teach a class every Saturday.
He said they have dropped to 25 shots instead of 50 because nobody can get ammo.

He said he has seen some EXPENSIVE ammo shot in the last month or so.
They can't get anything else but the high end shells.

J.C.W.

I did the 50 shots a month ago. We shot from 4 distances.. 12 shots at each and 14 at the last distance....only 6 rounds n the gun each time.

pick-a-spot

Took the course last year at Frontier Firearms in Kingsport.
Great people.
Take handgun you are comfortable shooting and 1 box ammo.
Take it in with you , unloaded of course. They will probably have a lock up for your guns.
Very important to transport the gun unloaded, no rounds in the magazine or anywhere within reach. Best to have ammo in trunk if possible.

Tenn.Guy

Wobblyshot1 said:
After April first you'll be shooting the reduced sized target.

I heard things were changing. Anything else? How small are the targets?Didn't mean to hijack just trying to get my wife signed up.

stik

pick-a-spot said:
Took the course last year at Frontier Firearms in Kingston.
Great people.
Take handgun you are comfortable shooting and 1 box ammo.
Take it in with you , unloaded of course. They will probably have a lock up for your guns.
Very important to transport the gun unloaded, no rounds in the magazine or anywhere within reach. Best to have ammo in trunk if possible.

fixed it for you

in the dog house

dr said:
Take a pistol you can shoot accurately, and cheaply. I used a 22 cal. Ruger target pistol. Not what I would carry for defense though.

Its wise to take the gun you plan to carry. At least thats what I was told when I took the class. And was told you dont want to shoot a perfect score. Im sure your instructor will explain.

stik

in the dog house! said:
dr said:

Its wise to take the gun you plan to carry. At least thats what I was told when I took the class. And was told you dont want to shoot a perfect score. Im sure your instructor will explain.

no need in that. we rented a 22 that neither of us had shot and bought a box of 100 22lr shells. we both shot for less than the cost of 1 box of 40 cal. and we would've had to use 2 boxes of 40s for the class.

leader

Why not want to post a perfect score?

And I don't meen this negative and I am no crack shot or sharp shooter, but if someone has to have two boxes of shells to qualify, they need not have a permit. jmo

Latest posts