Taking a chance

M T Pockets 000

I grew up know nothing but Tasco Scopes. I graduated from an old fixed scope on a old marlin 22 to an adjustable Tasco that came with my 40 year old 30-06 Rem 7400. Along the way I found out there were other scopes. I have a couple of them. I was loaned a scope that had too many too much on the cross hairs and this old country boy just shook his head and gave it back. Anyway I was messing around on the web and found the Tasco Website. So I took a chance. I ordered 2 $50 scopes. One for my old Marlin 60/87 limited and one for a friend. I hope these hold up as well as the other Tasco's I have. We shall find out.

Lost Lake

Like you, I moved on to other scopes. But, I still have an old 25 dollar Tasco 4x32 scope bought around 1984 at Kmart when I was a kid, using my Summer work money.

I know people love to make fun of em, but that thing has been on several 30/30's, a couple of 06's, and two extremely hard kicking .444's that are Winchester 94's. We're talking 6.5 pound light rifles. Those two rifles killed a couple of Leupolds, but not that little cheap Tasco. It's still pretty reliable and bright. Reckon I'll hang onto it.

Wiley

I have an old Japanese Tasco World Class pistol scope that has excellent glass and has never failed in any way. I've tried to sell it a few times but nobody wants it. I reckon the stigma of the name from the days of really bad Tasco scopes turns them away.

Methane

I've had the same Tasco scope on my .06 since I got it as a Christmas gift in 1980. Never had an issue, and it held zero even after a 4 wheeler accident 25 years ago. Rifle and scope were unharmed, I was beat up pretty bad! I've thought about upgrading, but I've had a hard time finding a gloss finish scope that matches my rifle…seems they are all matte finish now.

Davyalabama

The old Tasco scopes may have been cheaper than others, but they held zero pretty well. They were a good scope for the money. I hope the new ones still are.

Omega

I have used Tascos, Simmons, and cheaper Bushnells for years without many problems. I think I only had to return one scope, can't recall if it was a Tasco or Simmons but a lens came loose, the store took it back and replaced it with a Simmons that lasted well over 20 years. While I do like some of the glass on my better scopes, all they really need to do for me is stay zeroed, not fog up and while I don't play with the turrets once zeroed, I do want them to return to zero if I do, which all will.

Latest posts