Tactacam Reveal X

Mr. Hawk

Anyone tried the new Reveal X yet? I just ordered one, have had issues with my SPYPOINT Micros so trying something new

Newt

Just got two reveal x in the mail yesterday have had excellent results out of the gen 1 hopefully these are same quality

Antler Daddy

Interesting that TrailCamPro did not rate it well. Some of you are getting battery life well beyond what was indicated.

Antler Daddy

I picked up a Reveal and a Moultrie Delta at the Chattanooga Bass Pro on the first day of Father's Day. I'm not even going to mess with the Delta, but I do want a couple more Reveals and I doubt they will go on sale anytime soon.

Here is the response from Tactacam where to find one:

Thank you for reaching out and for your interest in the Reveal X! Customers have told us they are not finding them online and having to call stores and speak with someone there to get accurate inventory info.

Please keep in mind there is extremely high demand for this camera, but we are shipping cameras out as fast as possible.

Here are the dealers where you will be most likely to find the Reveal X in stock:
  • Bass Pro
  • Gander Outdoors
  • Scheels
  • Herd 360
  • Buck It Ready
  • Pure Whitetail
  • Whitetails of America
  • Sportsmen's Warehouse

Thank you,
Tactacam Curtis

doubledownranch

I have 4 of the Reveal X models I've been running on my backyard deer just testing them before I put them out Sunday at my out of state lease.

This is the solar battery set up I'm using with my Reveals with very good success.
Reveal Camera Compatible Solar Charger Kit with Mount- 1500mAH / 7.4- DC-12V

These are the memory cards that work best
SanDisk - SDSDXVE-032G-GNCIN 32GB

So far so good. I had 6 cellular Reconyx last year that obviously had better image quality than the Reveal but I sold them when i sold my hunting property. You can request individual HD pics on the Reveal. The HD photos are 50 for $5.00 on top of the monthly fee. I think I'm paying $84.00/year per camera for unlimited photos. I'd say the image quality is fair, definitely not great, but with the HD request, you can get a quality photo if required.

The app is really easy to use and the set up was a piece of cake. You basically just scan a QR code on the camera and it sets up the camera to your account automatically.

Also, you can change the camera setting from the app, which I like.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

BSK

Waaaaaaaaay beyond, repeatedly. While I like TrailCamPro's website, their reviews and their offerings, my experience with cameras, batteries and such have not always aligned with their "experiences". Take that for what it is worth.
I've had my problems with Trailcampro in the past. When that site first went up, I was convinced it was owned by the Covert trail-camera company. They raved about those cameras, yet I had several and thought they were junk.

However, I've come to rely on their reviews. I don't always agree with them when they say a camera takes "great" video or stills (I'll be the judge of that), but they've been fairly accurate when it comes to most features.

When it comes to battery life, remember that they are calculating that based on X number of daytime and Y number of night-time pictures or videos per day. Most hunters don't get that many pictures/videos per day.

TheLBLman

When it comes to battery life, remember that they are calculating that based on X number of daytime and Y number of night-time pictures or videos per day. Most hunters don't get that many pictures/videos per day.
I believe TrailCamPro completes a very fair "apples-to-apples" estimate of battery life projections for one cam vs. another. I also usually "beat" their projections.

I did obtain some 1st generation Browning Defender cell cams for which TrailCamPro said battery life would be @ 2.4 months (based on their standardized criteria). In my first test run, with image at highest resolution, immediate uploads, the battery life still beat their projection, but was less than 3 months.

Subsequently, I started playing around with various ways to increase battery life (with cell cams) and still get what I wanted most from them. One key thing is NOT to utilize "immediate" uploads, but "schedule" them (which you can do frequently during the day). I also change the settings for longer intervals at night, shorter during daylight.

Right now, I have two of these 1st Generations running, batteries changed on both on 12-01-2020, and both were still transmitting today, 6 1/2 months since last battery change. Again, TrailCamPro rated these cams for 2.4 months of battery life.

Each new "generation" of a particular trail cam seems to be obtaining greater battery life. Last year I placed several 2nd generation Defender "Scout Pro" cell cams. TrailCamPro rated this 2nd generation for 10.5 months. Some have already been in place about a year, and I haven't changed the batteries. If they're still going @ July 4, I'll replace the batteries.

Browning has it's 3rd generation cell cam (Defender "Ridgeline") coming out this summer, but TrailCamPro hasn't rated it yet.

Latest posts