Suppressor

TraumaSlave

Re: Suppressor

https://www.silencershop.com/

And then check TN Silencer out. Robert is very knowledgeable and will take great care of you. You can buy from the web and have it transferred the TnSilencer. Great place that let's you have conjugals. I will be there Thursday to visit my Rugged Obsidian 45.

LanceS4803

leader":wu4tracw said:
Want a suppressor so where do I start?

Whatcha planning on shooting it on?
I have one rated for 22lr that swaps to different rifles and pistols.
Another rated for up to 300WM that is used on everything for from 308 to 223.
One on the way rated for full auto 9mm.

leader

I haven't really researched what for? I was thinking 22 to start.
Does every one screw in? So you have to get barrel threaded or buy a rifle with a threaded barrel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leader

TraumaSlave":39g4mywc said:
https://www.silencershop.com/

And then check TN Silencer out. Robert is very knowledgeable and will take great care of you. You can buy from the web and have it transferred the TnSilencer. Great place that let's you have conjugals. I will be there Thursday to visit my Rugged Obsidian 45.

Thx for heads up, I live over near Straw Plains so I will take a drive over and have him educate me[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TraumaSlave

I don't want to knock a sale from him. If he had what I wanted, I'd have bought from him. He can walk you through trusts vs private ownership. Has demos so you can figure out what you want. As far as decibel reduction Gray goose,,, here is my 45 with factory ammo.
https://youtu.be/reeDhY0NhN8
(Don't know how to imbed YouTube, sry)

rtaylor

greygoose":3fgzuil9 said:
looking at the decibel decrease are they really worth it?

I've got one on all my hunting rigs and I wouldn't go through the trouble of packing around the extra weight if it wasn't worth it. I'll never shoot my rifles unsuppressed again. They are amazing.

LanceS4803

greygoose":1u06l9ms said:
looking at the decibel decrease are they really worth it?

YES!!!
With the 22 rifle, I shoot subsonic. About like a pellet rifle.
No need to shoot subsonic in the pistol, as the barrel is short enough to not allow supersonic velocity.
For new shooters, it takes away the muzzle blast, great for squirrel hunting and I can pop the english sparrows without disturbing neighbors.

For the 300/308, it makes shooting more enjoyable as well as reducing recoil. You'll still need hearing protection because of the crack, but no one else around you will.
For hunting, I took a doe from the middle of a herd. She jumped and ran (heart shot) about 10 yards. The running startled the other deer, but not the shot. They went right back to eating and didn't know what had happened until I walked up. I don't wear ear pro while hunting.

Hammer

If you ever make it toward Murfreesboro, I have two 22 cans. And would glad to let you "hear" them in action.

breaker19sK

Tuning in late to this conversation but as a side note the hearing protection act is before the house committee this week. This act removes suppressors from the NFA thus clearing the hurdles and the tax stamp. If it moves at the speed of government this may actually get signed when I'm too old to hear anything anyway, but it's worth consideration.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Wiley

I have several suppressors and researched for 2 years before pulling the trigger on my first one in 2008. Technology has come a LONG way since then and the last ones that I bought are much better than that first .22 can that I bought. It SUCKS on a pistol but is a great rifle can......hard to figure that one out, huh?

Everything you could ever want to know is right here........ http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/

LanceS4803

6.5swede":2r594cnc said:
If they do pass it the prices will go through the roof. Dealers will make a killing.

I don't think so.
The regulatory burden will be lifted and many more companies will start manufacturing. Even the big name gun companies are already starting, but the Mom and Pop machine shops will start, not to mention the home machinist for personal use.
I'm holding off finishing my Delisle carbine until then.

infoman jr.

6.5swede":28h464uk said:
If they do pass it the prices will go through the roof. Dealers will make a killing.
No, they won't.

Also, waiting for any legislation to pass to buy is a bad plan and only hurts suppressor companies.