Superformance in stock at PV 8lb

DaveB

It is super in my 22-250 also. Think I will give it a chance in our CM also.

BTW MUP, you notice cobwebs in the barrel? and a funny smell when cleaning?

MUP

It is super in my 22-250 also. Think I will give it a chance in our CM also.

BTW MUP, you notice cobwebs in the barrel? and a funny smell when cleaning?
Sure don't my friend, I just treat it as a necessary precaution against rust and pitting and clean it regardless of how dirty it is after a session. I have heard that it leaves a heavily fouled barrel but I haven't really noticed it more than any of the others I've shot. It's not a barn burner for velocity but it sure gets high marks for accuracy, at least in my 6.5 Creedmoor. 🙂

DaveB

I bought it for my 22-250 because I wanted more FPS with my 60 gr Partitions.

Interesting, I got the 200 FPS more it promised but accuracy was not good---3 inch groups. I ran through quite a few rounds and then messed up my seating die and jad to start from scratch. Set it up for factory ammo length and took 5 to the range to start my accurizing process.

Doggone---all 5 became close friends. So, 200 extra FPS and much better accuracy.

The cobwebs make it the dirtiest powder I have ever used. Strings of stuff hanging in the barrel.

The smell is so bad fired brass had to be stored outside until I got it decapped and tumbled clean.

an old pic but still true....
Dadstargets075.jpg

backyardtndeer

Nice shooting. I had considered superformance for 6.5cm, but I get really good groups with imr4350 for the 140 grain match and 143 grain eldx. I still have to try the aa4350 in the 6.5.

MUP

Nice shooting. I had considered superformance for 6.5cm, but I get really good groups with imr4350 for the 140 grain match and 143 grain eldx. I still have to try the aa4350 in the 6.5.
Everyone has told me that H4350 was THE powder for the 6.5 Creedmoor, and while I don't doubt that at all, I just happened to find a load with Superformance that I was happy with and decided not to worry about finding and H4350 for it, back then.

Latest posts