Food Plots Sunflowers 2021

Chaneylake

I always enjoy your step-by-step process on these each year. We would like to have a nice sunflower field one day soon
Just do like we do. Our group is named "The Dove Cartel". The Cartel simply buys our way into excellent dove hunting. We don't mind paying and in return we have an excellent dove season. 1st and 2nd seasons are always productive. 3rd season is always weather related.

wildlifefarmer

It will be burn down time for sunflowers for dove hunting as soon as it dries up.
32 ounces generic roundup and 8 ounces dicamba
In 10 gallons of water per acre.
With this formula, you are using 10 gallons of water, I've got everything set up to use 20 per acre, do you see any problems with that?

JCDEERMAN

Chaney - I've heard you want bare dirt between the rows of sunflowers for the doves to roam around, eat, etc..... I believe the pics you've posted in the past had bare dirt like this. Question is, do you see any erosion or runoff from keeping the soil exposed? Most of this should be determined upon slope I'm sure. Reason I ask is we have an area we are thinking about clearing specifically for a dove field each year. It's about 3 acres and will be slightly sloped (maybe a 10-20 degree angle at most) on the side of the top of a ridge. How much of an issue do you think that would be in regards to erosion?

Chaneylake

I will spread 200# of coated Eurea per acre on all of my sunflower fields tomorrow.
On Tuesday I will spray out 32 ounces of generic Treflan in 10 gallons of water per acre.
As I am spraying out the Treflan from the front of the scratcher do-all and incorporating it into the ground.

Latest posts