Sunday Hunting

Chiflyguy

Sounds like a great rule to me. Ever heard thou shalt have no other gods before me. What do you think that means. The lord set one day aside for rest and for you to worship him. To put him first. He gave you hunting and he could easily take it away. Hunting sounds like it has become a god. Thank about it you said you may not comply because how much it means to you. Sounds like you have it on a pedestal. Not judging you by no means I hunt on Sunday at times also. We just need to see where our fruits are, and where we stand as men.
I couldn't think of a better Sunday than church in the morning, lunch with the family, and then sit in a tree stand on a nice Sunday afternoon enjoying what God created.
That's just me.

K-dub

Not try to argue rights and privileges again, but, if you have to purchase a license from the state your hunting in, does this not make it a privilege. Kinda like you can't legally hunt without buying the piece of paper that says you can. If hunting was a right, then you could hunt all of the national parks and just do it when ever you felt the need to exercise your rights. Whenever and wherever you wish.

Sasquatch Boogie Outdoors

Where you find your treasure is where you'll find your heart. My greatest passions will direct my actions. In "MY" perfect world there would be no need of a law because all men would desire to gather at the church for fellowship and worship. But I realize not all agree with my belief, therefore it is my duty to not judge my neighbor but rather live a life that could lead my friends.

Chickencoop96

I can understand this, but the point of this thread is hunting on Sunday and the fact that some states have made laws that infringe upon peoples rights by infringing upon their first amendment rights to try to ensure people go to church vs. hunting even if they don't want to or are not Christian.

One belief I will never agree with no matter what argument you make is the belief that since the country was founded by Christian men that Christianity can be used as a guide or compass for making laws in a country that promised in its founding documents the freedom of religion, which means the freedom to have NO religion. Thus making laws from a biblical standpoint that apply to all people whether they believe or not is an infringement on their rights.

Its kinda like a 2 buck limit or a 1 buck limit. If you believe the limit should be 1 then YOU just shoot 1. Likewise if you believe that you should be in church on Sunday and not in the woods, then YOU go to church on Sunday. If someone else that doesn't follow your beliefs or believes you don't need a church to have a relationship with God, then that is their choice. The state through human vessels has no right IMO to "impose the Lord's will".
Thank you, you just nailed all the points i was trying to make.

Chickencoop96

Being able to either hunt on Sunday or not hunt is not in the constitution but is up to the State game and Fish laws. Now a state can issue such an ordinance but it is not Federal as I see it now .
Well yes, thats not the point though. The point was people not able to go due to prior obligations such as kids and work. It is not up to the church to make those laws either

Snake

Well yes, thats not the point though. The point was people not able to go due to prior obligations such as kids and work. It is not up to the church to make those laws either
Sorry must be missing something didn't know churches made laws . Look brother if you feel no conviction hunting on Sunday then go ! I was stating that's it wasn't a Federal law maybe not even a state law but game laws .

Rackseeker

It use to bother me when people told me what I should be doing in my spare time, but anymore I could care less. When I'm out in the mountains on a cold frosty morning watching the sun come up and hearing the woods wake up. I feel closer to God than I have ever felt in a church. Then again I would never tell someone that goes to church every Sunday they shouldn't be in church , instead they need to be in the woods enjoying Gods creation. I know where I will be just about every Sunday the rest of the year and enjoying every minute of it.

Volbuck777

Yes but can't that be any day does it have to be Sunday? No mention of Sunday in the bible to my knowledge. And this is just my belief I feel more with God in nature than any building with a sign out front. Just my opinion though not saying that anyone's beliefs are wrong or right just a personal feeling.
Any day you feel is necessary sir in fact everyday would be great but that won't happen, I'm not shoving religion down anyone's throat. In fact im not crazy about religion at all, I just believe that Jesus died for all of us and he should be our number one. If we could all get on the same page I assure you this country wouldn't be headed to the pits of hell. Once again blunt but honest.

Volbuck777

It use to bother me when people told me what I should be doing in my spare time, but anymore I could care less. When I'm out in the mountains on a cold frosty morning watching the sun come up and hearing the woods wake up. I feel closer to God than I have ever felt in a church. Then again I would never tell someone that goes to church every Sunday they shouldn't be in church , instead they need to be in the woods enjoying Gods creation. I know where I will be just about every Sunday the rest of the year and enjoying every minute of it.
That's awesome sir and I'd never tell you not to be where you feel god the most, but I'll say I'd keep trying different churches until I found one that was home. The church is the bride, Jesus is the groom. He wouldn't speak of it as such if it wasn't important. God bless you

Volbuck777

I can understand this, but the point of this thread is hunting on Sunday and the fact that some states have made laws that infringe upon peoples rights by infringing upon their first amendment rights to try to ensure people go to church vs. hunting even if they don't want to or are not Christian.

One belief I will never agree with no matter what argument you make is the belief that since the country was founded by Christian men that Christianity can be used as a guide or compass for making laws in a country that promised in its founding documents the freedom of religion, which means the freedom to have NO religion. Thus making laws from a biblical standpoint that apply to all people whether they believe or not is an infringement on their rights.

Its kinda like a 2 buck limit or a 1 buck limit. If you believe the limit should be 1 then YOU just shoot 1. Likewise if you believe that you should be in church on Sunday and not in the woods, then YOU go to church on Sunday. If someone else that doesn't follow your beliefs or believes you don't need a church to have a relationship with God, then that is their choice. The state through human vessels has no right IMO to "impose the Lord's will".
Well I didn't make the law I'm just stating that I don't disagree with it. I hope you don't think that I imposed the Lords will and if you seen that in a post, show it to me . Did I stand for the church over hunting? Yes. I believe we all should. If someone doesn't want to attend what god himself holds so dear that's nothing to me but I won't agree with it. I believe we'll answer for it someday.

JCDEERMAN

Amen, brother!

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
Shelby forest in Tennessee you can't hunt on Sunday, or Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday. Its only huntable on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday.

Linepaw

Well I didn't make the law I'm just stating that I don't disagree with it. I hope you don't think that I imposed the Lords will and if you seen that in a post, show it to me . Did I stand for the church over hunting? Yes. I believe we all should. If someone doesn't want to attend what god himself holds so dear that's nothing to me but I won't agree with it. I believe we'll answer for it someday.
TRUTH!

Latest posts