Sunday Hunting

Chickencoop96

I didn't know this until recently, but i just looked up hunting regs in NC and they don't allow public land hunting on Sundays. anyone know why? I was looking into it because I was hoping to hunt with a buddy of mine up there. sounds strange to me

Antler Daddy

I lived in NC for 13 years. I basically did not deer hunt for 10 years other than some early trips to KY and TN.

A lot of it had to do with no hunting on Sundays. It also did not help that my employer had one on our most important annual meetings scheduled on top of the Nov. opening rifle and the event took 4 weeks of prep.

I was miserable. Looking back, I wish I had made a career change and moved states. Life is too short to be miserable during November every year.

Chickencoop96

I lived in NC for 13 years. I basically did not deer hunt for 10 years other than some early trips to KY and TN.

A lot of it had to do with no hunting on Sundays. It also did not help that my employer had one on our most important annual meetings scheduled on top of the Nov. opening rifle and the event took 4 weeks of prep.

I was miserable. Looking back, I wish I had made a career change and moved states. Life is too short to be miserable during November every year.
You ain't Kidding! lol November is the best time of year. I swear if enough people got together on these things and raised enough hell, then they might think twice about having such a bat S*** crazy Regulation.

Sasquatch Boogie Outdoors

I never have seen the state or TWRA implement such a wild law and tbh im not so sure i'd comply
Now chickencoop, I know better than that. Following regulations is what separates us from criminals. I'd say your as honest and law abiding as anyone on this forum. That's why your my pal. Hope you get a good one in the morning!

Volbuck777

You ain't Kidding! lol November is the best time of year. I swear if enough people got together on these things and raised enough hell, then they might think twice about having such a bat S*** crazy Regulation.
Sounds like a great rule to me. Ever heard thou shalt have no other gods before me. What do you think that means. The lord set one day aside for rest and for you to worship him. To put him first. He gave you hunting and he could easily take it away. Hunting sounds like it has become a god. Thank about it you said you may not comply because how much it means to you. Sounds like you have it on a pedestal. Not judging you by no means I hunt on Sunday at times also. We just need to see where our fruits are, and where we stand as men.

Chickencoop96

Now chickencoop, I know better than that. Following regulations is what separates us from criminals. I'd say your as honest and law abiding as anyone on this forum. That's why your my pal. Hope you get a good one in the morning!
You're very right and yes I am. and good luck to you too sir!

Antler Daddy

I will also say that hunting culture in NC and TN is night and day differently. I rarely met many hunters. Those I did meet either traveled out west US or to eastern NC for hunting.

Fast forward and move to west TN and every kid seemed to live in Camo sweatshirts.

TN is very diverse as well. Every area of the state is really different with outdoor interests.

Antler Daddy

Sounds like a great rule to me. Ever heard thou shalt have no other gods before me. What do you think that means. The lord set one day aside for rest and for you to worship him. To put him first. He gave you hunting and he could easily take it away. Hunting sounds like it has become a god. Thank about it you said you may not comply because how much it means to you. Sounds like you have it on a pedestal. Not judging you by no means I hunt on Sunday at times also. We just need to see where our fruits are, and where we stand as men.
Sunday hunting bans are no different than covid mandates. Somebody just wants to tell you what you can and can't do. The bans are rooted in old times forgotten with no rhyme or reason. They also discriminate against Jews and Adventist's.

Chickencoop96

I'll put it this way, I keep my bible just as close as I keep my rifle and blaze orange. you ain't got to sit in church to to be with the lord. I found at a real young age. many folks who attended my church regularly were not holding Christian value's rather faking it. in this day in age, with having to work 5 or more days a week, folks should have the opportunity to exercise their God given right's especially on the Lord's day. By limiting that, a lot of folks wont be allowed the opportunity to even go hunting. and that is miserable. in turn what you have done is take that freedom away. I have to respectfully disagree with you.

Chickencoop96

I also put my Freedom on a pedestal, especially when it is heavily threatened these days.

Bone Collector

you ain't got to sit in church to to be with the lord. I found at a real young age. many folks who attended my church regularly were not holding Christian value's rather faking it.
This^^^^^
in this day in age, with having to work 5 or more days a week, folks should have the opportunity to exercise their God given right's especially on the Lord's day. By limiting that, a lot of folks wont be allowed the opportunity to even go hunting. and that is miserable. in turn what you have done is take that freedom away. I have to respectfully disagree with you.
and This^^^^

Volbuck777

This^^^^^

and This^^^^
Always love to see this response because it's exactly what I use to defend with. So I'll disagree by saying I've been on both sides of the fence and only one side is right and me and you both know it. I'll also say this though, the lord don't want you in church if you don't want to be there. It's a Christians maturity level and where they stand with God. I'm going to post something a member posted a while back that put me in a different state of mind. A spiritual mind. I don't know who the tndeer member was but if you see this I thank you sir. I needed this so I took pictures of it, to remind myself who I need to be. Also I want to say thank you Lord for not making excuses on crucifixion day.

Attachments

• 0877D01B-C2B2-4CFC-893E-36CBAD8B6223.jpeg
    0877D01B-C2B2-4CFC-893E-36CBAD8B6223.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 1376AFAE-13A3-40C9-B6F1-00A5004A268F.jpeg
    1376AFAE-13A3-40C9-B6F1-00A5004A268F.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 70
  • DEC4D185-A30F-4DE3-9DEB-58DF83EB18F8.jpeg
    DEC4D185-A30F-4DE3-9DEB-58DF83EB18F8.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 68

Volbuck777

I also put my Freedom on a pedestal, especially when it is heavily threatened these days.
That's great but is your Worldly freedom as important as your salvation. What exactly are you a slave too. Have you ever ask yourself that. I'm not trying to offend you bud, but it's important knowing what's first in your life. Do you have what I'm talking about. If not pm me I'd love to tell you about it.

Latest posts