Summit Stirrups

7X57

Has anyone removed their Summit stirrups and bungee in place of something else. The stirrups and bungee really take up platform space and get in my way. I typically stand during the entire hunt.

david k.

I haven't yet but I plan to for exactly the reason you said. I've thought about replacing it with either doubled up paracord or 3/4" nylon webbing that I can use to climb up or down and then slide out of the way to give me the full platform to stand on. The cord / webbing will be tied or sewn around the tube the cable slides into and then around one of the rungs, then once I get to the right height, I can slide it over to the edge of the platform.

Do you have a different / better idea?

7X57

I had thought about using a rubber twist tie or gear tie. It would hold it's shape and also offer grip to your boots. You could simply step on it to squish it flat. I'm not sure how it'll work until I try it. I also plan on replacing the bulky factory seat with a hazmore mesh seat.

david k.

7X57":3ot9ex3d said:
I had thought about using a rubber twist tie or gear tie. It would hold it's shape and also offer grip to your boots. You could simply step on it to squish it flat. I'm not sure how it'll work until I try it. I also plan on replacing the bulky factory seat with a hazmore mesh seat.

Good move, I went with the Hazemore on all of mine a few years ago. Light, super quiet, pushes completely out of the way for standing.

Like the gear tie idea too.

Tennessee Lead

I slide my bungee towards the tree when hunting and stand quite a bit in my viper and haven't noticed the stirrups being in the way.

I'm pretty sure the older models didn't have them if you do remove them you should be able to climb without an issue.

I got a Hazmore this year but I'm only using it for bow hunts. Set me up too high for using the front rail as a rest for gun hunting than I liked, but it's nice not fighting the bulky seat when Climbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planking

Yeah those first vipers had adjustable foot straps on the platform with a bungee crimped to the stand and that held your boots in the strap. I still have mine and another advantage this set up has over the stirrups is that you have more control of the stand. Its locked tight to your feet so i can climb without making much noise or make adjustments around knots or cut limbs easily when climbing way up a tree.

Fisherofmen

I lost one of mine a few years ago and have had no trouble just hooking your toe underneath the sides. They do seem to just get in the way. Just make sure you have a short rope tied from the top to the bottom in case you lose the bottom during climbing.

david k.

Tennessee Lead":zvoiloyk said:
I slide my bungee towards the tree when hunting and stand quite a bit in my viper and haven't noticed the stirrups being in the way.

I'm pretty sure the older models didn't have them if you do remove them you should be able to climb without an issue.

I got a Hazmore this year but I'm only using it for bow hunts. Set me up too high for using the front rail as a rest for gun hunting than I liked, but it's nice not fighting the bulky seat when Climbing.

I put Hazemores on all my stands but carry one of those small foam stadium seats when its really cold! I've found that if I have a shot where I'd be more comfortable with a solid rest, I can just push the Hazemore back, drop to my knee and use the railing of the top section to shoot in any direction. I shot a really nice buck at about 80 yards like that this year, he came in from my right side (RH shooter) but I was able to get in that position in just a few seconds and might as well have been shooting off a benchrest.

fairchaser

What's a hazemore? The only time I've heard that term is when you use it on a horse instead of a bridal. Clue me in please.

7X57

fairchaser":214zx1m0 said:
What's a hazemore? The only time I've heard that term is when you use it on a horse instead of a bridal. Clue me in please.
It's a company that makes a mesh web seat. It will allow you to get rid of the bulky factory seat. It's great for bow hunting.

Tennessee Lead

fairchaser":j07057ms said:
That's a Hackamore
Hazemore is a net seat what like comes on an Ol' Man tree stand

fairchaser

Tennessee Lead":182hmd54 said:
fairchaser":182hmd54 said:
That's a Hackamore

You can tell it's been a few decades since I've rode. Thanks TL. :super:

Tennessee Lead

fairchaser":39q5531m said:
Tennessee Lead":39q5531m said:
fairchaser":39q5531m said:
That's a Hackamore

You can tell it's been a few decades since I've rode. Thanks TL. :super:
Ha you're welcome.
The only reason I noticed that was when I used to ride that's what I had to use on my horse lol.

lungpuncher1

bds240":25wez50p said:
You guys also need to check into the third hand archery stabilizer straps. Best thing I bought for my summit. They really lock the stand down, and makes it really stable.

http://thirdhandarchery.com/product.asp?PRODID=13
This, hazmore seat and molle backpack straps make a summit a completely different stand for the good.

Add stealth strips to contact points and they're silent.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Latest posts