Suggestions for your deer pics

Levee Jumper

09477900-FDE5-4944-BDC6-78EFF2BCD2AE.jpeg38C85624-9352-466B-A60A-FB98F1C0711D.jpeg
E70D7324-793B-4B1D-9F5A-B7BC473A67AB.jpeg

Photos like this helps me remember how big a pain in the butt they can be.

knightrider

I either put the tongue back in or cut it off before pics and like taking good pics. I don't like to show a lot of blood but I'm not going to pressure wash and dry it off and wipe his nose clean if there's a little blood.

The most pics I always laugh at is the ones that skyline their deer and long arm it or sit 10' behind it trying to make it look 50" bigger than it is. That always cracks me up.
Im getting better at those hunting public pics, me and junior are learning 😂

redblood

A lot of hero shots are starting come in and some of them look pretty bad. This is your once in a lifetime moment and I know you want to share your pics with friends and family. Take a few extra minutes to get a great photo. Here are a few suggestions.
1. Try your best to show the deer in its best light. Cover up the GSW if possible.
2. Tuck it's tongue back in it's mouth.
3. Drag the deer away from the gut pile or other blood and hair.
4. Select a nice background that's natural.
5. No tailgate shots.
6. Clean the blood off it's mouth and nose.
7. Pay attention to the Sun. Get at a low angle to snap the picture.
8. Take lots of pictures; they don't cost a thing but you can't get the moment back.

I'm no photographer, so I'm open to more suggestions.
You have compiled a good and comprehensive list, that im sure addresses your snapshot of what a kill pic should
Be. But not everyone has the same perspective. I dont do facebook, twitter, instanet or any other social media outside tndeer. I take pictures for me, no one else. My criteria are very different- i dont want to be in the pic. I dont want to go through massive amounts of work to make the deer appear larger than he is. If he wasnt as big as i wanted, he would still be walking.

I have honestly grown weary of the glamour shot photo shoots that so many of these modern hunters do. Overpriced matching camo, cheesy filters and sitting a full area code behind the deer with a crap eating grin on their face.

I want to photo the deer in the way that i will recall the feeling and nostalgia of the hunt. And my favorite photo of all, is the deer as he fell with background that he drew his final breathe in. Not back at the gated community with their half million dollar urban dwelling as a backdrop- BUT to each their own.

BlackBelt

The thing about dead deer photos that I realized is that other hunters just like to see photos and dont care if there is blood or a tongue out. Hunters know that is part of the experience and dont mind.
I have mantra that I came up with years ago, "Don't show non-hunters any dead deer photos, period."
Non-hunters do not have that intrinsic appreciation, respect, or in depth knowledge of and for what we do. They do not need to see dead deer photos.

redblood

The thing about dead deer photos that I realized is that other hunters just like to see photos and dont care if there is blood or a tongue out. Hunters know that is part of the experience and dont mind.
I have mantra that I came up with years ago, "Don't show non-hunters any dead deer photos, period."
Non-hunters do not have that intrinsic appreciation, respect, or in depth knowledge of and for what we do. They do not need to see dead deer photos.
Great point

THEdonkey0515

Some of my favorite pictures are of me and dad setting on the tailgates of old beat up trucks that are long gone. Wouldn't trade them for anything.

One of my favorites is of him with a spike tied to the hood of a 1970 CJ5. cool back then I guess, looked down on now.

Latest posts