Suggestion for Varmint Scope

Rubberduck270

I bought a Remington 700 in 22-250 last year and have yet to shoot it. I was wondering if any of you had any experience with the cheaper Varmint scopes that are out now, such as the Barska Varmint line or the Bushnell Banner 6-24x40 or 6-18x50. I'm not looking to spend a fortune on a scope for it since I'll probably on be shooting at paper, but I would like to find one that has quite a bit of magnification that's not just a total heap junk.

KubotaM4900

I was just looking at the exact same scope. I dont want to throw out $300 for a Nikon. Somebody give some input.

ShamrockIV

dont get a barska. i have one at home on a SASS that i am babysitting for a friend. J.U.N.K.!!!!

That simmons from midway looks like a decent scope.

i would throw a 299 SWFA SUPER SNIPER on it and be done. well worth the money

Model70Man

Nice optics aren't cheap and cheap optics aren't nice (unless they are on clearance or a discontinued model on sale).

Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 is a discontinued model selling for $260. Glass is on par with the Leupold VX3 and has features many long range target scopes have. They also have excellent customer service and a warranty like Leupolds. For the money, this will be hard to beat.

Nhill

Hey Model70Man, are you talking about the V-Plex Wide for $259 at cameralandny.com?
http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/vortex.pl?page=vortexviper6-20x44
[color:#FF0000]Price: $259.99
V-Plex Wide Available
NOTE: First batch of these scopes have sold out. Our next delivery will be in Mid October. Orders placed today will be shipped when the next batch is delivered.
6.5-20x44 V-Plex Wide[/color]

Also; do you think that this is a good magnification range for varmint hunting? I just wonder if 6.5 is starting too high.
I recently bought a .223 that I need a scope for. I put a 3-9X40 leupold on it, but I need to put it back on another gun when I get a scope for my .223.

WTM

Nhill said:
Hey Model70Man, are you talking about the V-Plex Wide for $259 at cameralandny.com?
http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/vortex.pl?page=vortexviper6-20x44
[color:#FF0000]Price: $259.99
V-Plex Wide Available
NOTE: First batch of these scopes have sold out. Our next delivery will be in Mid October. Orders placed today will be shipped when the next batch is delivered.
6.5-20x44 V-Plex Wide[/color]

Also; do you think that this is a good magnification range for varmint hunting? I just wonder if 6.5 is starting too high.
I recently bought a .223 that I need a scope for. I put a 3-9X40 leupold on it, but I need to put it back on another gun when I get a scope for my .223.

all my variables are pretty much set on 6 power most all the time. i can hit anything from 20 yards to 400 yards set like that. take your 3-9 at set it on 6 power and you'll see what im talking about. for that price for that scope, itll make a fine varmint scope.