Success on my first ever turkey hunt

dammitbobby

Technically not a TN bird but it's my first post so maybe they'll let it slide. Prior to this past weekend I had never been turkey hunting. I casually got invited to some really exclusive land in Florida so I loaded up and made the trip down for two days of hunting. After a morning of trekking through marsh land and hearing gobbling in the distance, this unlucky bird finally appeared in a clearing just in front of me. I got to check the coveted Osceola off the list on my very first hunt so needless to say, I'm hooked. I got back to TN Sunday night and bought a box call and a 12 gauge on Monday. Saved a couple dozen OnX points and just itching for my next day off work.
703E8E41-FB28-43F9-865A-453A2C9AAFF6.jpeg

Andy S.

Welcome to the best campfire on the internet and congrats on your first turkey, an Osceola nonetheless. Great way to start your turkey hunting IMO. Thanks for sharing with the group.

RowdyVol90

Technically not a TN bird but it's my first post so maybe they'll let it slide. Prior to this past weekend I had never been turkey hunting. I casually got invited to some really exclusive land in Florida so I loaded up and made the trip down for two days of hunting. After a morning of trekking through marsh land and hearing gobbling in the distance, this unlucky bird finally appeared in a clearing just in front of me. I got to check the coveted Osceola off the list on my very first hunt so needless to say, I'm hooked. I got back to TN Sunday night and bought a box call and a 12 gauge on Monday. Saved a couple dozen OnX points and just itching for my next day off work.
View attachment 71907
Nice bird. Congrats!

Latest posts