Strong Tn Deer

Like the reduced limit seen better deer last handful of years and neighbors letting the younger ones walk. Me too. This is a good year for me. One of two nice bucks in November on same stand. 18 years on same property! and Keeps getting better. Don't let Kentucky out do us! Would like to hear others opinions on how we grow our large bucks. We can be a State as good as any.

Taz

Attachments

• Deer 2.JPG
    Deer 2.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 1,242
I meant to say this is a monster for me, been at it for 25 years and very thankful. good meat and processed all my self with brothers help. Seen some amazing pics this year in TN Deer and on line. All meat and love a trophy going on the wall. Which is great.

csi-tech

Great deer!

While we have obviously produced the world record non-typical whitetail (ever shot), I do not believe Tennessee can ever be a "Big Buck State" so to speak. While we may have 10 150" or bigger deer for every thousand bucks, Kansas, Illinois etc. have 100 such deer in a thousand. It is as much environmental as it is genetics. Our soil is terrible, we have little agriculture to speak of and our warmer climates do not foster large body growth.

We are right in line with the Carolinas, Arkansas, Georgia etc. If you are hoping to kill a 140" deer sometime in your life here in Tennessee there is a decent chance you will be rewarded. If you are hoping for a 175" Booner, it will be a long winter indeed. From what I can see, the herd on my farm produces lots of 120" 8-10 pointers but anything bigger is exceptionally rare. They will probably never exceed that regardless of how long they live. My buddy and I watched a grizzled, morbidly obese 7 year old 6 point waddle across a field last year. He may have been 110" at best. Pretty typical older deer in my parts.

DRSJ35

remember this you will never see a 175 inch Buck.Especially if he's been killed as a 2 year old 6 point.I dont really care if tn is ever a trophy state.Everybody should kill what makes them happy.If you think the reg's of other trophy states dont play a factor think again.We might not have the big AG like those states.But some county's do have the AG.And those places get big deer killed in them every year.I would be Happy with 150" Deer.I havn't even come close.Congrats to you

Thank you for the feedback. Mostly proud of our State. Good perspectives and don't want folks coming here. Appreciate the comments opened my eyes. And we have a good thing in Tennessee.

Latest posts