Stripers

Omega

I got to learn how to spell, I was going to recommend this:
dollar.jpeg

But I think this is the type you are looking for, I used to troll this behind the boat, jigging them every now and then.
maxresdefault.jpg

Crow Terminator

I very seldom catch stripers on artificial lures. By far my biggest ones have came on live gizzard shad and or skipjack. But I have caught some on spoons and topwater/wake bait (redfin). And the upper Watts Bar area is my favorite area for them. From Pole Cat on down river a ways. Gotta have current.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Earlier in the spring I caught a nice one on an umbrella rig. Don't know if that will work well this time of year. Trick is experimenting with different retrieval speeds, letting it sink at different times (sometimes reeling as soon as it hits the water is best, sometimes letting it sink is---either way, chances are good you'll be making quite a few casts, so have a good long casting rod to save you from too much fatigue).

spoonie

Smithwick deep diving jerk bait is my go to, I replace the treble hooks on them with stronger ones. It seems I have better luck on artificial during the day and then use live gills at night

CATCHDAWG

I catch them mostly on Redfins and LARGE swim baits. They seem to bite better on a fast retrieve. I replace the cheap galvanized hooks on the Redfins, a big fish will straighten out the factory ones.

Latest posts