striper fishing

jmull65

does anyone know what bait to use while striper fishing? ive used chicken liver and thats about the only thing i really know what to use for them. i just dont have much luck catching some big ones. also what size hook should i use i usually use a 2/0 and what pund test? thanks

trealtree

Look really close and you can see my "go to" lure . Line: 50 lb spiderwire braid, make sure your reel has s smooth drag.

IMG_20110326_083408-1.jpg

jmull65

also i have fished a couple times at williamsport in columbia my friend was there and caught a nice one about eight pounds on a brim head?? never heard of using that until he told me didnt know if it was true or not

stik

bnecollectr365 said:
also i have fished a couple times at williamsport in columbia my friend was there and caught a nice one about eight pounds on a brim head?? never heard of using that until he told me didnt know if it was true or not

live bluegills are good if you can't get shad.

booth

Live bait, gizzard shad, skip jack, suckers,trout.
And yes cut bait will work sometimes better than others depending on the time of year.

Artificials
Redfins, bucktails, big swim baits.

I am not a big fan of using treble hooks on big stripers though.

optaylor823

I do not do much stripper fishing, but I fish for them at Williamsport and we use 5" red shad and just wake them across the surface when the stippers are busting the surface. If they are not chasing shad we throw either a shad rap or rattle trap. Her is one I caught yesterday on the Duck River with a shad rap, while bass fishing.
f6e9de68.jpg

Latest posts