String question

Atchman2

I bought a recurve bow to bowfish. The string comes off and whacks me in the hands sometimes. What am I doing wrong? Everything seems to lineup and the string is in the grove. I'm almost scared to pull it all the way back! I've been using my kiddos Genesis bow (in pink of course). :D That seems to work fine, however I decided to get a PSE Kingfisher to have a little more power. Now I'm thinking of going back to the kids bow. The Kingfisher is 45 pounds. Just started the bowfishing thing. The carp are coming up under the trees to eat mayflies. I hit the first three of them, but didn't get one in the boat! Finally I hit one in the head and was able to get it in. Even though the little Genesis bow is probably only 25 pounds, it seems to shoot all the way through them.

Attachments

• carp.jpg
    carp.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 2,438

eddie c

I'm not sure what you mean by string is in the groove. I use a closed face reel similar to a Zebco 808. I make sure the line is tight before I draw, even after I draw and let down. I have a string burn scar on my bow hand because I didn't tighten the string after I drew a couple of times.

TN Song Dog

So is the string coming off the kingfisher or a different recurve? String up the one that's giving you the problem and post a few pics of it strung. Set it up just like you did when it was giving problems. Overall pic and then pic of the tips. Something doesn't sound right... string shouldn't come off the tips when you draw it. Sounds like damaged tips or wrong string somehow. Is it a used bow?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Atchman2

Well it did it again today and slapped a bruise on my hand. It is slipping off the limbs. I went ahead and ordered a new string and I am going to call support.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Atchman2

Okay,

I took the bow back to Academy. PSE support said it had a bad limb, and I believe them. Within 7 days they wanted me to take it back to the store. Academy was nice and gave me another "kit". Haven't even opened it yet, but I'm hopeful it will be better.

Latest posts