Strange video

DoubleRidge

I've gotten pics of a bobcat before but never an otter! That's cool!
I've got a couple of cameras set to video now after reading various comments and suggestions on here! So far I've gotten a spike working a licking branch... several does and one coyote just walking by.... really enjoy running cameras.

'borohunter

My daughter had her 1st experience with a 10 pointer in the stand on the last day of season on a WMA but couldn't bring the gun up all the way. Bought 2 cheap cameras to see if we can catch him again. Figured they weren't that expensive in case anyone "borrows it permanently". Great excuse to spend more time with her in the woods. Would love to catch something else on the camera as well.

BSK

Never seen an river otter on camera, though we also don't have any flowing water on 1 square mile of land
Heck, I'm all ridge-and-hollow hardwoods! But then KY Lake, and the Duck and Buffalo rivers are all close by, as well as some big water impoundments on neighboring duck clubs, so I'm sure that's where he came from. But then to see the otter being followed by a bobcat is just over the top. The bobcat almost has a look of "I wonder if I can eat that?"

megalomaniac

We hardly ever see them on my farms, but there were 4 in a line that came by one of my friends in the stand. No creeks or rivers close. A couple ponds on this property.

Attachments

• 20210108_114354.jpg
    20210108_114354.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 173

Safari Hunt

Watched a couple doing what they otter, swimming around. This was on the Hiwassee River in the trout area. Friend was fishing and two cavorting around him and between his legs. "Don't move!"
Edit- Saw a female and three pups behind what is now the KOA in Townsend. I was fishing and happened to look across the river. One pup had stuck his out from a crevice in the rocks. Later, Mama and the other two came out to look around. I froze and watched them for several minutes. And...no camera!

Lincoln Co Archer

The bobcat is definitely over the top! I had some a couple of years ago that were several hundred feet of elevation above and 500 yards in distance away from the nearest creek.

Attachments

• E42ED922-89C6-4422-8FE8-3495C49D2C66.jpeg
    E42ED922-89C6-4422-8FE8-3495C49D2C66.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 214
  • 5BA4F6C4-883E-4D95-A150-A011E01049EF.jpeg
    5BA4F6C4-883E-4D95-A150-A011E01049EF.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 181

Ranger Scout

Going over my last videos of the year, and came upon something I've never seen on my place. A river otter loping along through a food plot. And right behind it is a bobcat!
I live in Marion County and I have had pictures of weasels on my salt lick deep in the woods.

Footvolman

I got four on video this year. They were running on top of a wooded ridge with no water around. it was the last thing I thought I would see. Couple weeks later got them going the other direction. had to look it up to see what they were.

BSK

I got four on video this year. They were running on top of a wooded ridge with no water around. it was the last thing I thought I would see. Couple weeks later got them going the other direction. had to look it up to see what they were.
Well, at least I'm not the only one in hardwood country that's seen them. Thought I was crazy at first.

Tom Collins

Never seen a weasel on cam in TN. How cool.
Vicious creatures. Daddy needed a rabbit to train a couple beagles, so he set a live trap. Well, every time he'd come to the check the cage he would find a bunch of hair and few bones in the live trap. And he couldn't figure out what was happening, well after a few times he discovered a weasel was squeezing in and destroying these rabbits. Just annihilating em beyond recognition.

redblood

Vicious creatures. Daddy needed a rabbit to train a couple beagles, so he set a live trap. Well, every time he'd come to the check the cage he would find a bunch of hair and few bones in the live trap. And he couldn't figure out what was happening, well after a few times he discovered a weasel was squeezing in and destroying these rabbits. Just annihilating em beyond recognition.
They can wipe out a pen of chickens in one night. And can squeeze through anything

Latest posts