Storm Damage on my property

Ski

And I was parked right next to that broken off stump in the background when the trees started to fall. Thank goodness I still had the engine running and was able to think fast enough to jar down on the accelerator as I realized the trees were coming down on me.

Quick thinking! Man that could have very easily not gone the right way.

BSK

How many lives do you have?!?! Glad you were ok!!!
I've always said my personality is more cat-like, so maybe I have 9. But I sure have had a long string of near-death experiences. Hoping my luck doesn't run out anytime soon.

What are the odds? Those leaning trees had been hanging up in a large beech tree for weeks. I'm working, riding my ATV and running my GPS and I just happen to stop in that one location. Sitting on my ATV engine idling and looking at my GPS I heard a loud pop, looked over at the trees and the trunks appeared to be rotating. Looking straight up I realized the whole group of trees were coming right down on my head. I've always wondered if you knew a tree was falling on you, could you dodge it? The answer is yes, but only if you have very fast reflexes. And even then I took a pretty good wallop in the head from branches.

That was one of the few times in my life where the whole event felt like an "out-of-body" experience. Usually, near-death-experiences take a while to sink in. Not that one. As I turned around to see the aftermath of the trees crushing the spot where I had been sitting, I had instant recognition of how a second or two was the difference between life and death. Have to admit, gave me a pretty bad case of "the shakes" for a bit.

TheLBLman

As I turned around to see the aftermath of the trees crushing the spot where I had been sitting . . . . .

On top of everything else said, was just thinking,
"Man, your atv has had a rough life, including being hit by trains, submerged in mud, etc.!"

The moral of the story is don't loan BSK your atv or your truck! 😄

There should be a country song written about snakes, trains, trees, trucks, atv's and BSK!

BSK

That poor ATV has taken a beating. It should be in a Honda commercial. It's a 2001 and still running great. Body work is a disaster though.

BSK

Attachments

• ATV2.jpg
    ATV2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 48