Stolen decoys........

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Knock on wood, I haven't had an issue with this in the past.
This years fiasco has me thinking.
If a man has one of the blind grab spots for 3 or 4 days 99% of them will put their decoys out the first morning and leave them till the last day.
The fiasco, rules changing and ever increasing OPPORTUNITY has made it legal to hunt out of a boat at Gooch this year.
Bad idea without a doubt.
With all the yahoos running around it will make it easier for scum of the earth to steal decoys.

Why couldn't a man get a few of those tracker deal things and put a few of them in some decoys.
Then if they come up missing you could track them down.
Dunno what kind of range those things have though.

Just bored, idle mind wandering.

Remington700

I believe you are correct with all the fiascos that will occur over this duck season. Hunting from a boat turns into a mess also. I know the TWRA said they had to do draws for Obion because of all the fist fights on the boat ramp.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I believe you are correct with all the fiascos that will occur over this duck season. Hunting from a boat turns into a mess also. I know the TWRA said they had to do draws for Obion because of all the fist fights on the boat ramp.

Can someone give me a generic play-by-play/"anatomy of" how a boat ramp fistfight breaks out? Someone trying to sneak their trailer down the ramp before someone else? Seems like with no alcohol involved it should be hard to come to blows: you get there and put in with the order of people who got there. Done.

Remington700

Can someone give me a generic play-by-play/"anatomy of" how a boat ramp fistfight breaks out? Someone trying to sneak their trailer down the ramp before someone else? Seems like with no alcohol involved it should be hard to come to blows: you get there and put in with the order of people who got there. Done.
I do not believe there is one way this occurs. I have heard several stories. 1. People will not back up, off load, and get out of the way fast enough for others waiting to put in. 2. They argue over spots and who is going to set up where, etc.

Watch this to see reasons why......

Hduke86

younggun308 you won't have to deal with that a Nickajack lol. Like I said before make sure your boat is running smoothly cause you'll probably be the only one out there with no help around.

Crazyeye

There is always one dummy that blocks a 2 boat ramp by getting in the middle. Then they begin to get their boat ready to put in. Then they forget the plug. Then they pull up and let it drain all while still blocking the ramp.

Smashdn

Boat needs to be ready to run before it is your turn to back down. When the prop hits the water turn the key. When it hits and runs truck guy needs to back you down a little more and bump the brakes as you put in reverse. Off you go in boat to dock or bank while truck guy parks.

If it takes more than 45 seconds you must have had trouble getting motor to start.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
At Camden, it is usually about shooting another blinds swings, sky busting, shooting at long birds while there are birds working closer to a neighboring blind, working decoys around a blind while there are birds flying closer to another blind, overcalling, and any combination of the above for several running weeks over the coarse of the season. Throw in personality conflicts of various natures and it can get entertaining. And then there is the occasional case of one person in a group sleeping with someone else's spouse, and that's how blinds get burnt.

drake799

Boat needs to be ready to run before it is your turn to back down. When the prop hits the water turn the key. When it hits and runs truck guy needs to back you down a little more and bump the brakes as you put in reverse. Off you go in boat to dock or bank while truck guy parks.

If it takes more than 45 seconds you must have had trouble getting motor to start.
My gosh this needs to be posted at every public ramp in the state.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
younggun308 you won't have to deal with that a Nickajack lol. Like I said before make sure your boat is running smoothly cause you'll probably be the only one out there with no help around.
I certainly figured not, lol, I genuinely couldn't conjure a reason why fights happen anywhere, including high-volume places.

GUNNERX2

I'm old and my memory ain't so good but I believe I saw a picture of Coker on another forum after he got cracked between the eyes with a 2x4 over something or the other related to duck hunting and he came out the winner.

West_Tn

At Camden, it is usually about shooting another blinds swings, sky busting, shooting at long birds while there are birds working closer to a neighboring blind, working decoys around a blind while there are birds flying closer to another blind, overcalling, and any combination of the above for several running weeks over the coarse of the season. Throw in personality conflicts of various natures and it can get entertaining. And then there is the occasional case of one person in a group sleeping with someone else's spouse, and that's how blinds get burnt.
Man you made me laugh with that last part. I remember that one.

NumberOne

haha I'm not sure who gets there panties in a bunch more. Bass fishermen or duck hunters. I am both btw.

Latest posts