still toting horns

Rockhound

WGI_0047_zps0428d73c.jpg

WGI_0060_zpsc79cec77.jpg

WGI_0063_zps74a72350.jpg

Bayou Buck

Most of mine are still holding them too. I would expect most of them to drop in the next 2-3 weeks as the new ones start growing.

woodsman87

Yep mine are still holding too. Haven't found any sheds or seen any one sided bucks on camera. I expect them to be just about all gone by turkey season.

catman529

The baby 6 pt that I've gotten pics of in my backyard has shed one side. But the last few sheds I found were old. I think a lot are still holding...

Shed Hunter

timberjack86 said:
Mabey someone will remember these pics next year when some guys start hollering they drop them in late January!

They aren't completely wrong. Two years ago pretty much all of the deer I had on cameras shed by the end of January. It really just depends.

timberjack86

Master Chief said:
timberjack86 said:
Mabey someone will remember these pics next year when some guys start hollering they drop them in late January!

They aren't completely wrong. Two years ago pretty much all of the deer I had on cameras shed by the end of January. It really just depends.
I myself have never seen a deer in middle TN drop his antlers in Jan. I am not calling you or anybody a liar just That I have never seen it myself. Do you have some pics?

geezer

Several small ones have shed one side in my area but not sure about the ones I was hoping to find, havent had a picture of them in weeks. :( Im pretty sure that all the other folks out there making themselves at home in my favorite secret spot, so I thought ( including the Jack leg that took two of my cams) most likely pushed them elsewhere! Corn hasnt even brought them back around. Maybe something promising will show this weekend.

deerhunter10

timberjack86 said:

this is about as late as I can ever recall them holding them on at our farms. the majority of the deer on our farms loose them in jan or feb. but this year is very different.

timberjack86

deerhunter10 said:
timberjack86 said:

this is about as late as I can ever recall them holding them on at our farms. the majority of the deer on our farms loose them in jan or feb. but this year is very different.
I hear that alot. I would like to see some pics of bucks that have shed in January. I am not saying it dosent happen just because I havent seen it myself. I think it would be cool to see some pics.

deerhunter10

timberjack86 said:
deerhunter10 said:
timberjack86 said:

I hear that alot. I would like to see some pics of bucks that have shed in January. I am not saying it dosent happen just because I havent seen it myself. I think it would be cool to see some pics.

well I personally don't have any I don't run trail camera's. i mean im not saying all of them do but a lot more do then i think people realize imo at least. but if i remember right bsk had something to say about the time that they shed and shedding that early is not really out of the question but not normal. i believe he said around this time is about normal. but i have never in my life time seen so many bucks holding on to both sides like i have been seeing this late.

timberjack86

deerhunter10 said:
timberjack86 said:
deerhunter10 said:
timberjack86 said:

well I personally don't have any I don't run trail camera's. i mean im not saying all of them do but a lot more do then i think people realize imo at least. but if i remember right bsk had something to say about the time that they shed and shedding that early is not really out of the question but not normal. i believe he said around this time is about normal. but i have never in my life time seen so many bucks holding on to both sides like i have been seeing this late.
Hey I can belive anything I once saw a monster buck chasing a very samll doe in march! I wish I had a pic!

Shed Hunter

deerhunter10 said:
timberjack86 said:
deerhunter10 said:
timberjack86 said:

I had some from this year. Didn't save then though lol

Latest posts