Still slow for most people?

RedEyed Duck

Its not looking good for the home team. Temps still below freezing as far North as WI. Folks in Southern Alberta still reporting plenty of birds in their neck of the woods. Buddy in Canada said they had the 1st green Christmas that he can ever remember.

casjoker

Hunted St Francis river near Cardwell, MO, and Big Lake WMA in AR over the last 4 days. Literally, did not fire one shot in 4 days. There was very limited shooting by anyone in either area. I usually hunt on my own and don't get a lot of birds as it is but this is by far the worst hunting I have ever experienced. I did see lots of birds on December 31 but all high and heading to the refuge. Talked to a few guys at Final Flight on the way over and they said West TN has been very poor as well this year.

woodswise

Just gave up and come home from Arkansas after 3 days and never fired a shot. I hunt mostly public within a 60 mile circle of Brinkley and even though there is plenty of water this year and abundance of feed there are very spotty populations of Ducks. I have hunted this area for 35 years with great success but I have never seen so many hunters and such a lack of shooting. There are concentrations of ducks in some places but usually on private ground or refuges and they know where to stay and how high to fly to get there safely. Tomorrow is another day and I've seen quick changes but without a major weather event all the water and feed in the world won't bring the ducks this year ! :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

tickweed

Well, same here. With middle and n fork of the forked deer falling, as well as other basins falling, and Mississippi really out and steady, if you want to kill a few ducks, that's where you better go. We are still taking just a few, but very few birds, and the are very wild, nervous. We had a decent day sat., taking 11, then 6 Sun.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
tickweed":n9dk71nv said:
Tues., the 8th, was a good day. A few ducks moved thru the bottoms, seems everyone done well. anybody else in west Tn. do well that day?

Going by the pictures on Instagram and the book of face, Reelfoot had a very good day as well.

Dodge Man

Tuesday there was some major duck movement in my area and all others that I have heard from. Most blind killed limits early and called in reinforcements and killed several more limits. Wednesday and Thursday and been back to slow to very little duck movement at all.

Im not sure what made Tuesday so great, only idea is that there was some migration up from the South because of 65+ temperatures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grnwing

Good hunt on AR public land this past Saturday. Nice mix of bird but primarily mallards. Bird numbers have increased a little but still not seeing the typical numbers for this time of year.

spoonie

Bad slow still, Didn't fire a shot Friday or Saturday, but Sunday was a push of birds I believe saw a couple thousand at first light, shot a lot of teal between 10am-2pm. I didn't hunt today but the report was no ducks and not a shot fired. This is in Northwest TN

Cache

2-Step Enabled
Drove up to the lookout tower at Chickasaw refuge yesterday. Pretty good amount of birds compared to the last time I was up there. Went this morning and killed 1. Rivers supposed to be at 16 by this weekend which should make for a good last week.

GUNNERX2

Hunted our private hole Saturday in middle TN and if it weren't for the geese we'd had a goose egg (no pun intended). Bumped 250 geese out of the hole while setting decoys and they just went to another spot a mile away but a few singles and pairs came by. The only ducks we saw was a pair of gaddies when my son was standing on top of the blind giving his dog directions on the geese we'd just killed. Sad times I tell ya, sad times.

scn

A friend left me a voice message yesterday that he was over in MO late last week. He said still no ducks in the bootheels area he is hunting.
Maybe the coming system will get some sort of push.

The double leasing fiasco I got involved in this fall turned out to be a blessing as I got my money back for the pit and haven't made trips over to watch empty skies.