Still slow for most people?

Coker

scn":396xqby1 said:
A friend left me a voice message yesterday that he was over in MO late last week. He said still no ducks in the bootheels area he is hunting.
Maybe the coming system will get some sort of push.

The double leasing fiasco I got involved in this fall turned out to be a blessing as I got my money back for the pit and haven't made trips over to watch empty skies.
Hunted the boothillll of MO, near Gobler, last weekend and killed a total of 5 ducks and 2 geese. Very slow. Fun but slow.

tickweed

Hunted this past week, every day, best day was 9. very few birds, most very skittish, don't want to finish. Boys, if we don't pick up a few by Monday, its prob. over. with Mississippi still up, it will hurt these small river bottoms, unless we get enough rain to get em back up. Good luck to all.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Rekon Man and I are gonna try it Sunday morning before church.
99% sure I am gonna have to work next Saturday so this will probably be our last hurray.
Dismill season to say the least.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
We got 2 yesterday, and saw 6 ducks today. Not had working, not got em close, saw...I'm staying home tomorrow, gotta baby sit the grand daughter Monday. Hope I can get out the last Sat of the season, and will make a decision then about Sunday.

downthebrown

Brought home 13 from Reelfoot yesterday. Saw a decent amount of birds but nothing just crazy. Heading to the boot heel this morning to hunt again. Gonna be wet and windy but fun. Let you know what it's turning into around lunch.

Biggun4214

We killed 10 this morning (3 hunters). We had 6 greenwing, 2 mallards, a ringneck and a gadwall. I killed a greenwing drake that had a band. It was banded in Québec as an adult in August 2017. First band I ever killed.

downthebrown

Hunted yesterday in SEMO and while we saw quite a few birds early, we only cam home with 2. Crazy weather but we had a great time. Hunted the big river this morning and saw more birds today than yesterday but couldn't talk any into giving up. Did see quite a few high birds heading South, so they may be a good sign for the rest of the week but who knows.

Grnwing

Hunted Saturday morning in AR, waited out the storms and watched them roll on through from 430 to 530. Got set up and saw plenty of birds but didn't have many interested in working. Ended with 4 birds, mallards, teal and ringer. I was watching large flocks of Mallards trading back and forth- guessing they were displaced from the thunderstorms.

tickweed

Not much evidence of any push at all. All river basins in W. Tn. out, Mississippi coming back out big time, its over, this will also hurt youth hunt. After this past weather, and conditions up north, Im now starting to wonder about counts. We should have had a few birds move, with that hard N. wind.

spoonie

Had a good hunt Saturday in the Rain, the last hour the ducks poured in. Sunday and Monday was a different story killed one both days. Didn't hunt today, but two guys did in my blind and had there limits by 10Am plus a bonus goose( they killed some odd ducks today including redheads and canvasback which we don't normally see in the bottom) . Going to give it a try again tomorrow in the rain