Sticky Duckcalls

Emca80

Hey, any advice on how to get your duck calls from sticking in the cold weather? Had issues on opening day as temps were under freezing and both my mallard calls stuck. Can anyone help me on some tips?

Displaced_Vol

Change the cork regularly. Play around with air presentation to keep moisture (spit) at a minimum. Different calls take air differently, try some other brands or styles and you'll eventually hit one that runs best for your style and air flow.

Displaced_Vol

If you haven't tried a J.J Lares, I would highly recommend it. I never seem to have one stick on me. My favorite is the Hybrid model.
I haven't tried a lares yet, but I will. I just got a Jimbo tuned mondo a couple weeks ago so that'll be the new ride for this season. Got a couple more cut downs I want to try out but a Lares is definitely on the list sometime.

Titanxd17

Lares only. Buy it, put a glove on, drive down the road with it out the window to were it has air running though it constantly for 15 minutes then your good for a few years.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Lares only. Buy it, put a glove on, drive down the road with it out the window to were it has air running though it constantly for 15 minutes then your good for a few years.
Make sure you got a lanyard tied around your wrist just in case if you do this....

Titanxd17

I was taught that a long time ago, when I was into contest calling, it breaks the reed in a lot faster, kinda like getting "broke in" guts in a goose call.

Latest posts