Sticker shock. UPDATE!

recurve60#

Attachments

• 20200227_094346.jpg
    20200227_094346.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 3,637

recurve60#

The pic above, sorry it's sideways, is of the same limb set. It's tripped. Coyote hair is on th ed end of the log and I could see the scratch Mark's in the dirt where he pulled out of the trap. I'm assuming I didnt bed the trap form enough and he was in the process of pulling back when he felt the trap move is how this happened.

recurve60#

I started out pretty hot. I'd have a single or sometimes a double every morning and then it shut off. I moved traps outside of catch circles and it didnt really help, so I pulled everything since every trap had caught at least once and some twice. I re-dyed and waxed and reset. Having good success again. My new rule is two catches on a trap and it gets dyed and waxed again.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Re: Sticker shock

FTG-05":20a6ublb said:
How do you keep from catching domesticated dogs? I have three dogs, I'd hate to injure one of them;

The traps with rubber lined jaws won't hurt the dogs at all.
I caught a little 5# lap yapper one time. He was slightly pissed but left unharmed.
Caught a neighbors dog one time too, same deal.

ROVERBOY

I've wanted to try and catch some yotes here on the farm. I don't have any soft catch traps. Just the leg manglers.

fishboy1

Just checked in and saw your post. Im just down the road from you ! Looks like you are doing great. Hit me up closer to trapping season and Ill show you a set that is like a giant Coyote magnet. Last season I caught 7 in one spot, same set.

Chickens started disappearing this summer so I remade that set. Boom 2 yotes in 3 days. Left it out for another week and caught a 3rd.

Latest posts