Step One-Done

monsterbuck07

monsterbuck07

Got the entire rental house carpet ripped out and it wasn't as bad as I had expected. Now I have to decide on what I want to do with the house. We are selling and not renting it back out.

Would you laminate all the house or carpet part and laminate part. I have never done laminate, so no clue on how easy/hard it could be. It is an older bi level house with an apartment basically connected or as some call it a mother in law suite.

I was thinking laminate the upstairs and MIL SUITE and carpet the stairs and downstairs.

Could buy the carpet and have Home Depot do the $37.00 install on the whole house. Decisions, decisions...

BamaProud

BamaProud

Supporter
Some folks do not like laminate. If you are selling, let the buyer decide. Give them a $XX.00 flooring allowance. That way they get exactly what they want.

monsterbuck07

monsterbuck07

Well the whole house is bare right now, don't think we will/would getting asking price without the flooring in it.

Tenn.Guy

Tenn.Guy

Look into engineered hardwood. It has a top layer of hardwood but could only be refinished once. The rest of it is made like laminate. It doesn't have the hollow sound laminate has.

We bought ours at Home Depot. Very inexpensive.