Squirrel recipes

Buzzard Breath

We've been on a Ramen kick with various game meats lately.
Bring water to a boil, add squirrel and simmer until it pulls from the bone, while skimming the froth off the top. You want a clean broth when its done.

Add all the bones back in, bay leaf, thyme, rosemary, or whatever fresh herbs you have and let simmer for an hour or so.

Strain broth through a cheese cloth.

Bring broth back to a boil.

Add vegetables, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, whatever you've got.

Add noodles from a $0.29 packet of Ramen. Do not add the flavor packet.

Add squirrel meat.

Pour in serving bowls.

Add cilantro, fresh jalapeño rings, and a squirt of lime.

We also add miso paste, fish sauce, oyster sauce and other things we have on hand, but not everyone is going to have these and it does just fine without them

rickyk280

Had a fried mess last night, this and dumplings is the only way I want them.

Attachments

• IMG_1639.PNG
    IMG_1639.PNG
    123 KB · Views: 111

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
I've fixed and had them fixed many ways growing up around the Louisiana swamps and Bayous. The thing is just like any other game it depends on the age. Young and tender put them on the smoker,grill or fry em. Old and tough boil them or cook them in the pressure cooker. After you de-bone them you cam make a casserole, put them in some barbecue sauce and make sandwiches. Meat pies or gumbo.

rickyk280

I've fixed and had them fixed many ways growing up around the Louisiana swamps and Bayous. The thing is just like any other game it depends on the age. Young and tender put them on the smoker,grill or fry em. Old and tough boil them or cook them in the pressure cooker. After you de-bone them you cam make a casserole, put them in some barbecue sauce and make sandwiches. Meat pies or gumbo.
Your exactly right about the age, if there young squirrels I will soak them over night and fry them, I save the older ones for dumplings.

Hduke86

Had a fried mess last night, this and dumplings is the only way I want them.
This dang dog food Taco Bell is like eating out of the trash compared to that fixing. I sure do love a sliced up tomato, biscuits and gravy and fried squirrel. Now I'm surely going to be disappointed with my burrito lol.

Squirle hunter

Boil tender then fry or we do tacos boil meat till it falls of throw it in a skillet and add you favorite taco seasonings serve with fresh tomatoes lime juice and jalapeños cilantro and lettuce on a soft shell can't ask no better

Chief44

By far the best recipe I've found. Try it. Won't be sorry.

DEER225

For the young'ins
Fry (without breading) and toss in Buffalo sauce

For the old ones:
Boil or crock pot until tender
Debone the meat
Run the deboned meat through a grinder with jalapeños and provolone cheese
Stuff the mixture into tortellini
Cook the tortellini and serve with butter, hot sauce, and sour cream

It's a bit of work, so I usually wait until I've got a dozen or so then make a big batch. Can't beat it!

Grill-n-man

Cut the legs off and strip meat off back. Bread and fry. Then in a skillet of cream of mushroom on low for a little bit. Throw in some mash taters, beans and cornbread on the side.

HoytDawg

I made breakfast sausage out of the last 30 or so I've killed. It takes 20-30 to make a batch, but it's really good.

Latest posts