Squirrel/Rabbit Gun for my Daughter

TX300mag

Looking to buy a lower-priced air rifle for my daughter that she can hunt with. It seems that the Gamo rifles get pretty good reviews for the money. Would she be better of with a .22 or .177? Any recommendations on gun and/or pellets?

Thanks!

Atchman2

Any of the Gamo rifles will work. Try the Crossman Premier Hollowpoints first. They are cheap and good.

A .177 rifle is easier to shhot . It shoots a lot flatter and will kill a rabbit or squirrel with ease.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Grill-n-man

While your out looking check out the Benjamins in 22cal if want a little extra umph. I got one about 2 years ago and it wasn't much more than my Gamo big cat.

TX300mag

Academy had the Gamo Swarm Maxxim on sale for $50 off at Academy, so we picked it up for her. So far, so good. Gave it to her yesterday and she's already killed a rabbit with it. :cool:

Thanks for the help, Atchman2! I'll call you if I have any questions.

Happysack

I have a Gammo .177 and also a Benjamin .22 I really like them both but I do find the .177 shoots best with the heavier pellets.

TX300mag

The two thin wires above the barrel that are part of the cocking mechanism came out and of course the rifle wouldn't load correctly. I took it back to Academy and exchanged it for a new one without any problems.