Squirrel hunting with air rifle

Happysack

Have any of you squirrel hunted with air rifles? I got started this year and it"s a blast

Happysack

I shoot a Benjamin steel eagle in .22 caliber and use the crossman premium hollow point pellets. I tried the Gammo ,177 first and just could not get it to group no matter which pellets I shot. With the Benjamin I can shoot nickel sized groups at 30 yards

showmehorns

If I'm not killing them with hawks, it's the air rifle. Nothing but head shots!

3b86f3926e93bed2fd4167cea6e21d69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atchman2

Pretty much all I use are air rifles for squirrels. My favorite is a beat-up TF 89 tuned by my friend Shadow. I don't know how many hundreds of critters I've killed with it.

Sent from my K90U using Tapatalk

Rollo

.22, .25 and .357. Benjamin, Hasan and Evanix. I want a Cricket though. Hatsan Bullboss (2 of them..) .25 shoots 25 gr. pellets 910 fps. Camo Benjamin Marauder .25 isn't as fast but is a tack driver out to 50 yards. Killed squirrels out to 60 with it. Use Altaros compressor booster with dual dryer to fill a 60 min. SCBA carbon tank and small guppy CF tank for the field. Catch 5 or 6 chasing a doe, drop one of the males and it's a pile on. Pick them off as they run to the ground. Love being stealth!

Attachments

• IMG_4811.jpg
    IMG_4811.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 4,003
  • IMG_2041.jpg
    IMG_2041.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 4,004

FOX FIRE

Good thread, traded for a Benjaman maximus a while back, aint as purdy as some guns but spot on accurate, worked the trigger, valve, spring and weighted the stock, made for nice gun at an affordable price point, come on squirrel season.

FOX FIRE

If had the cash flow, Id probably have a few of those purdy ones, never knew air guns were so beautifull untill looking at a airgun magazine from across the big pond, there as nice as any powder burner dreamed of being, outstanding quality.

Atchman2

I've hunted squirrels with air rifles for years. Mostly I have spring air rifles, but some of them are fancy. :) I know I've killed a lot of squirrels with them. I used to take my 20 gauge with me too, but found I never used it because I wanted to get them with the air rifle so badly. :)

Latest posts