squirrel dogs

ad28

any one on here hunt squirrels with dogs. me and my dad have some barger stock feist. one well started dog that trees both squirrels and coons. hunting is hard right now not seeing many squirrels at all.

leeinmemphis

We currently have a great dane and when she dies I think we'll replace with some sort of a squirrel dog. I've been reading about them for a couple of years. I bet our dog will probably make it at least another year or so.

KANATI McD

had a mountain cur 8 years ago " a treeing machine " really loved it, but after she died it was hard to get another one, i sure miss it

ad28

its really fun to see a dog you raised from a pup produce squirrels. it can be some hard work and many miles but it pays off in tha end.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I have a registered mountain cur that I REALLY need to work with in the woods.
Just not sure how she is gonna work and I haven't had time to get out there with her yet.
Hope I ain't waited too long, she just turned 2 years old.

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
RUGER said:
I have a registered mountain cur that I REALLY need to work with in the woods.
Just not sure how she is gonna work and I haven't had time to get out there with her yet.
Hope I ain't waited too long, she just turned 2 years old.

no offense but I think you have. Ive got a squirrel dog been working with since he was a puppy. He would tree but wouldnt bark, he would just sit there unbder the tree looking at the squirrel. he treed his his first while barking at 2 years old. It took many a squirrels killed over his head to get him like he is now. He is a jam up dog now. I dont think he was born with it though. Some dogs have it some dogs dont. Mine didnt but persistance pays off. Butt hey a 2 year old dog might pan out. I got a lab that trees squirrels at the house all day long till you drag her off th tree. :D good luck ad go gettem

Winchester

I grew up hunting with dogs, we always kept Cur/fist mixes and they were great. I also had a 1/2 redbone 1/2 cur that was one of the best. I would get off the bus and run home, change clothes and turn the dogs loose. Killed as many as 14 after school with a buddy! Fun times, no deer around back then but we hunted what we could!!

ad28

ruger you may still be able to get that cur going. Try taking her with some dogs that are treeing or get her on a caged squirrel.

Latest posts