Spring fling dates

eddie c

Buck Hollow Bowhunters near Dickson have announced their first shoot dates.

1610161702242.png

Wade195

Good morning.

would this be an event that someone who is wanting to start traditional archery get something out of?

Wade195

That's what I was thinking. Might be wet
I did know if it was spectator friendly?
I didn't want to be in the way, since it is a pretty good haul from here in Sparta area.

eddie c

Just got back. Made it a day trip.
I'm trying to figure out the best answers to your spectator friendly question. They will welcome visitors but unless you go through the course you won't see much shooting. A few people will be warming up at the practice range.
Black Widow, Bear Archery and Big Jim's how company are there and you can shop bows. Jim has a good supply of fletching supplies, arrows, targets and other acc.
You can ask one of the club members if someone can give you pointers on your shooting and I believe they will be happy to help.
For $20 you can fun shoot all day through the course. You don't have to shoot from the stakes, walk up to what you are comfortable with. I learned more about shooting by shooting, if that makes since.

eddie c

Also this is their 3rd year to hold this event and 4th or 5th year to hold events. Young club, still growing and improving every time I show up.

Wade195

Good stuff to know.

I think Sharon and I will stay in tomorrow.

she and I might fall in the mud and break a hip? Lol.

Thank you all for taking the time out of your day to respond.

I am blessed.

Doug

eddie c

Let me add this note. TN CLASSIC at Twin Oaks has been going on for 25+ years (or there abouts). I've been going there for 5-6 years. There's always been more than enough people willing to help newcomers in the sport. Just about walk up to any old fart and say "I need help" and get it from or they will point to someone. I've had them to walk up and start offering while at the practice bales

eddie c

Did Big Jim have any quivers at his table?
When I got there Friday morning he had been unhooked from his truck maybe an hour and was still setting up. I got my brass inserts and target ball and got out of the way. When I got off the first course he was fully set up but I didn't go through his stuff. He probably did but I can't say yes for sure.

CHRIS WILSON

Let me add this note. TN CLASSIC at Twin Oaks has been going on for 25+ years (or there abouts). I've been going there for 5-6 years. There's always been more than enough people willing to help newcomers in the sport. Just about walk up to any old fart and say "I need help" and get it from or they will point to someone. I've had them to walk up and start offering while at the practice bales
Hey Eddie....any word on the TN Classic for this year?

Latest posts