Spotting scope deal

duckduck84

duckduck84

So my wife got me a Simmons spotting scope for Christmas and apparently got quite the deal on it. $41.75 on Amazon. She asked the company about it and they said it's the wrong price and the info on the post was showing it as an elliptical or something, it's weird, but let her buy it for that price and said they'd change it... Well they still haven't changed it so if anybody needs a spotting scope... MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Big Rock Sports 20-60 x 60 Spotting Smooth Focusing Knob, 40mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B83IY2I/re ... qAb9G71CM7

Came in a very nice hard case, tripod, and the scope is great. Same one on Cabell is $120

http://www.cabelas.com/product/SIMMONS- ... 420077.uts

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

DaveB

DaveB

I had an earlier model. Mine tipped over and hit concrete. A gust of wind caught it.

The tripod, at least the one that came with the scope, isn't robust enough to handle the weight of the scope.

I replaced the scope or I would be on this for a good range glass.

280longshot

280longshot

How's the focus on higher power ranges. I have a lower priced spotting scope (Windriver) that's useless on higher power range.

DaveB

DaveB

No problem with higher powers clarity on my older model.

Mine was a good range scope. Too heavy to carry afield.

TNCharlie

TNCharlie

duckduck84":1rg6wcdd said:
...they said it's the wrong price and the info on the post was showing it as an elliptical or something, it's weird, but let her buy it for that price and said they'd change it... Well they still haven't changed it so if anybody needs a spotting scope... MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Just ordered one. It is in the wrong category (Exercise Equipment). Stuff in that category can be ordered assembled for an additional $107. Took my better half and I to figure out why there was assembly available for $107 on a $42 spotting scope. (I get no credit for that - my smart partner did it. I was smart enough to know that I did not need to pay an assembly charge for a scope). Anyway, it's being delivered Fri. Thanks for the tip!!

duckduck84

duckduck84

TNCharlie":39oi9azi said:
duckduck84":39oi9azi said:
...they said it's the wrong price and the info on the post was showing it as an elliptical or something, it's weird, but let her buy it for that price and said they'd change it... Well they still haven't changed it so if anybody needs a spotting scope... MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Just ordered one. It is in the wrong category (Exercise Equipment). Stuff in that category can be ordered assembled for an additional $107. Took my better half and I to figure out why there was assembly available for $107 on a $42 spotting scope. (I get no credit for that - my smart partner did it. I was smart enough to know that I did not need to pay an assembly charge for a scope). Anyway, it's being delivered Fri. Thanks for the tip!!
No problem! Glad it worked out for you.

duckduck84

duckduck84

280longshot":3tsvf5rw said:
How's the focus on higher power ranges. I have a lower priced spotting scope (Windriver) that's useless on higher power range.
Looked great to me playing with it yesterday. I'll know better tomorrow because it's going in the shoot house with me.

280longshot

280longshot

duckduck84":12tjf5zq said:
280longshot":12tjf5zq said:
Looked great to me playing with it yesterday. I'll know better tomorrow because it's going in the shoot house with me.

I'm only able to use 35x on my spotting scope after that the focus is very touchy to the point it's not worth trying to focus it. Turn your scope up on 60x and try to focus it.
If it focuses easy on 60x let me now please, I may pick one up.
Noticed they are on sale at cabelas now.

duckduck84

duckduck84

280longshot":h1tc2scm said:
duckduck84":h1tc2scm said:
280longshot":h1tc2scm said:

I'm only able to use 35x on my spotting scope after that the focus is very touchy to the point it's not worth trying to focus it. Turn your scope up on 60x and try to focus it.
If it focuses easy on 60x let me now please, I may pick one up.
Noticed they are on sale at cabelas now.
Works fine for me. I went up to 60 and could focus easily on my neighbors tractor about 400 yards out. Just rolled the focusing knob a bit.

duckduck84

duckduck84

MUP":1wp1ubrh said:
Is Big Rock the same as Simmons?
I have no idea, bud. It says big rock, bit nothing in the kit I got suggests that. It's ALL Simmons branded.

duckduck84

duckduck84

Mup, I actually think Big Rock Sports is the retailer. They have a website I found, but no clue.

280longshot

280longshot

My Windriver is a piece of crap, so do you think I can see 7mm bullet holes at 500 yds on white paper?

duckduck84

duckduck84

MUP":21kxise9 said:
I'll let you know if it tops my Barska 20x60x60 ;)

:smash:
Haha

Tn_Va_Hunter

Tn_Va_Hunter

For that price I’ll give it a try. Thanks for the heads up

280longshot

280longshot

Thanks for the heads up, I checked 5 different places on that same spotter and everybody has a different price but with free shipping from Amazon, they win again!!! Amazon Rocks..