Spooked a rooster bird

Thegreatwhitehunter1776

Well I made a bonehead move this morning. I had one roosted last night and I went in there this morning at about 5:00 and tried to find a good setup but I kept getting closer and closer to the bird because the trees were so small and I thought he could see me. I found a nice oak to sit under and worked my way there and lo and behold he flew off that tree. In hindsight I should of just set up farther back in more sparae cover but oh well. What are the chances he will be back tommorow. He roosted 200 yards from this spot Tuesday but I couldn't get on him.

Sent from my SM-J737VPP using Tapatalk

timberghost3591

Re: Spooked a rooster bird

Had to be careful this morning with the moon like it was. Don't worry, he will forget all about it.

Actually it may have helped you. You may have separated him from where he knows his hens are and he may fire up looking for them.

A couple of the best hunts I have ever had I did that. I accidentally busted the hens of the Roost and the gobbler went nuts when they flew off and then when he hit the ground...

timberghost3591

Thegreatwhitehunter1776":1vc5zmwk said:
In still new at turkey hunting but hopefully I won't make the same mistake again

No offense at all, but you will. We all do it. Hell, I liable for it Tom morning, and not mean to. Sometimes they swap trees and you will never know til you jump them...

That's turkey hunting...

woodsman04

I think he will be fine as long as you just spooked him then left. Some folks spook them like that then set there and try to call him back up anyways.
I figure he'd be in that area in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman529

Thegreatwhitehunter1776":3jew1xc5 said:
In still new at turkey hunting but hopefully I won't make the same mistake again

we all make that mistake sometimes. Were you using a flashlight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts