Speaking of crappie fishing

Spurhunter

I'm no pro but I do my fair share of pushing minners and jigs. Myself and all the guys I fish with use hi vis. I do, however, only use it down to my drop. I use clear line on my drop. I've experimented with clear mono and clear flouro on my drops. I can't tell if it matters. Some of the guys I fish with that are better than me use hi vis throughout.

bluball

Kylake hi vis would probally be ok,but if fishing clear water i would probally not recommend hi vis.I use hi vis on my pulling poles,main line on spider poles with blue/clear leaders.On my jig polesi have a couple with light lb hi vis mono line but most have dpidereire stealth braid white 8lb.

RobDooley

No pro here either. I use Vicious Hi-Viz when jigging with soft plastics...it's a must for this old man. As someone previously stated...crappie are not line shy. I use Berkley mono when fishing with minnows under a float. Hi-Viz will work just fine too.

fairchaser

I've seen where they can be line shy to the hi vis. I watch my pole tips anyway. I figure if I can see it so can the fish.

sll

I've seen where they can be line shy to the hi vis. I watch my pole tips anyway. I figure if I can see it so can the fish.
I have this same mentality myself......always have, always will. But, in reality there are probably very few instances except in gin-clear water that it makes a difference......and I am talking about clarity like we have in some of our highland reservoirs here in NE TN where you can see a Pepsi can laying on the bottom in 15 feet of water. I mean really, if a bass will hit lures tied directly to 1/8" stainless wires on an Alabama Rig they really can't be that line shy at times.

Tennessee280

I just stick with the ol trusty 6lb berkley low-vis green smooth casting

1636656183087.png

WTM

I have this same mentality myself......always have, always will. But, in reality there are probably very few instances except in gin-clear water that it makes a difference......and I am talking about clarity like we have in some of our highland reservoirs here in NE TN where you can see a Pepsi can laying on the bottom in 15 feet of water. I mean really, if a bass will hit lures tied directly to 1/8" stainless wires on an Alabama Rig they really can't be that line shy at times.
most people spook big crappie before they ever get a line in the water. get closer than 25-30 to them and the bigger fish will move off. blacks are even more spookier.

sll

Most definitely......stealth is a must, especially with schooling fish. A lot of people that are now using FFS technology are realizing this more than they ever knew before.

Harold Money jr

I'm having this debate with myself right now!! I have used everything from 8lb hi vis to 2lb fluorocarbon. After seeing just how many fish follow but won't hit a Bobby garland ive been questioning my 4-6 hi vis. I've seen big crappie sink into a brush pile and ease out the bottom when I let my boat get too close usually closer than 20' in the clear water we've been fishing.

TNReb

Around here, the water isn't what I'd call clear.

I use the Mr Crappie hi viz line. It's cheap, and I don't get bit any less than my buddies who use regular mono.

nashvillefishingguides

Do you pros ever use the high vis line?
Dunno why but I was thinking of putting that on all the new rigs I got.
I like it cause you can SEE the tic when they suck in the bait.
I wish somebody would make a high vis in braid.
Braid is all I use, love the bite Transmission and no stretch when I set the hook.
We dona lot of spoon jigging for white and yellow bass 40 ft deep.
Braid let's us feel the bite much better than mono or fluorocarbon. Plus, no memory.

Latest posts