Spam calls from local numbers!

Hardwoodmaterials

Hardwoodmaterials

Anyone else been receiving spam calls that show up as local numbers? I have been getting 2-4 calls a day that are from an automated deal that leaves a message every time since it only registers that its answered. It then hangs up if you don't answer a question. Its always for a free cruise or saying I stayed at a certain hotel so I won a free stay some where. Anyway there is no way to tell anyone to remove you from the calling list since its automated and if you go thru the whole list of questions and finally get a live person they immediately hang up if you try to tell them to remove your number from their list. I tried calling the numbers that show up but they are actual local peoples phone numbers who have no idea what I'm talking about when I call them. How can this be legal and does anyone know of a way to get them to stop calling me?

DaveB

DaveB

Yes and I am on every no-call list in the universe.

makes the word IRK have a real meaning

ttf909

ttf909

Supporter
Report them to the fcc. It's about the only thing u can do. Get them all the time. For a solid year same thing Marriott vacation. Reported it dozens of times . Finally got a court document with letter explaining the fcc had levied the strongest punishment / fine on the abromivic subject they had ever handed out.

Andy S.

Andy S.

For at least a year now. It has gotten to the point I do not answer any number that I do not know. One can text me beforehand if calling from an unknown number, so I'll know who they are, or leave a voicemail, otherwise, they won't get me.

Good time Charlie

Good time Charlie

Yea me to..getting aggravating they call one after the other .May need to change my phone number after 45 years.

S

scn

Supporter
Andy S.":3slccone said:
For at least a year now. It has gotten to the point I do not answer any number that I do not know. One can text me beforehand if calling from an unknown number, so I'll know who they are, or leave a voicemail, otherwise, they won't get me.

x2 I don't answer any call that isn't in my contacts. If it is a legit call, they can leave a voicemail, and I will get right back with them. Otherwise, I block their number for future calls.

The local spam bs is an everyday deal.

T

TheLBLman

scn":2nc7uuis said:
Otherwise, I block their number for future calls.

Only problem with that blocking is they seldom call from the exact same number twice, just same prefix.

S

scn

Supporter
TheLBLman":15eqkhws said:
scn":15eqkhws said:
Otherwise, I block their number for future calls.

Only problem with that blocking is they seldom call from the exact same number twice, just same prefix.

I've seen the same. Is there a limit on the number of calls that you can block on your phone?

Hardwoodmaterials

Hardwoodmaterials

Aquaholic":3g41m15r said:
Block the number

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I have tried but it doesn't do any good since it comes from a different number every time. I have even called the number back within minutes and a local person answer it. I have no idea how they can get local peoples cell phone numbers to show up when they call then the spam caller be gone without a trace as soon as they hang up.

duckduck84

duckduck84

Hardwoodmaterials":1ns95u6t said:
Aquaholic":1ns95u6t said:
Block the number

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I have tried but it doesn't do any good since it comes from a different number every time. I have even called the number back within minutes and a local person answer it. I have no idea how they can get local peoples cell phone numbers to show up when they call then the spam caller be gone without a trace as soon as they hang up.
I think it's called spoofing. Not sure how it's done, but I'm sure it's not too complicated for spammers and scammers. I get them constantly, like Andy said, I don't answer the phone if I don't know the number. If it's legit they leave a message.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Andy S.

Andy S.

Here’s the best......have you got a spam call from your same number? I have, more than once. First few times, couple years back, it came up on my screen as just my area code and exact cell number, then the last few times it literally showed “Andy” calling. :p

MUP

MUP

Supporter
Andy S.":31egj862 said:
Here’s the best......have you got a spam call from your same number? I have, more than once. First few times, couple years back, it came up on my screen as just my area code and exact cell number, then the last few times it literally showed “Andy” calling. :p

Haven't had that happen yet Andy, but did have a familiar # and name appear that I knew well, so I answered, and it was a spammer for a vacation resort spiel.

T

THEdonkey0515

Yup been getting them for awhile now saying I stayed in one of there resorts, & another from a local # wanting to talk to me about my retirement plain.

They always hang up before a real person comes to the phone?

They use different numbers, scared not to answer think it's someone from work calling since I'm on call,Very annoying.

R

RandyinTN

Just tell them you are shaving the hair off their mothers back and you will call them back later.

T

TraumaSlave

I keep getting one about student loan forgiveness. Neither my with nor I have had one in about 10 yrs. Finally got sick and tired enough to call back. Some guy answered and told me his number had been hacked.