South Cherokee WMA

rmmonty32

I plan on hunting the south Cherokee during the Nov gun hunt. Anybody have any tips or any good map downloads that show trails and access roads?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

m.Creek

The Forestry department in Cleveland, tn has some good maps. I've always had good luck around Hog back ridge in Star mountain.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Simpleman.2

If I were you I'd invest in OnX. Best mapping software out there and the offline mode definitely helps if you get turned around up there. I live and hunt South Cherokee. It's some tough hunting but there's some studs running around. If I were you I'd do as much scouting as possible both in person but also online. Look for good cruising locations, saddles, long ridge systems, cutovers that offer diverse habitat, and old logging roads. Keep your eye out for hogs too and bring home some bacon. Goodluck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmmonty32

Thanks just downloaded the app u mentioned. I really like it so far best maps ive seen so far

rmmonty32

timberjack86":24nnijig said:
What county you hunting?
I live in blount county close to citico creek area so most likely around there... not sure if that is blount or monroe

rmmonty32

I havent been back there other than camping right off the road but hope to get back in there in the next couple of weeks

Latest posts