South Carolina Position

farmin68

Some, myself included, thought Spurrier's mid-season exit was going togive SC a huge advantage in finding the proper replacement ahead of an off season that that was going to have more job openings than qualified applicants
That hasn't happened, and a great opportunity may have been squandered. One thing we didn't factor in was an AD that lacks experience in hiring at this level. He may have let some grass grow under his feet.
He still has one very good option. Iowa's coach seems to be an excellent candidate. IMHO, USC should throw the kitchen sink at him. He's a safer bet than Muschamp.

Scioto

Kirk Ferentz has coached at Iowa for 16 years. Iowa has had two coaches in the past 35-40 years. Why would he leave an upper tier program where he has had considerable success and has brought to the brink of the playoff for an historically sub-tier program? Ferentz is the top dog in Iowa. Why would he want to got be second dog in South Carolina? When Spurrier retired, someone mentioned Dantonio because he played there. Yeah right, leave a program that you built into a top 5 program (something Saban couldn't do) for a historical losing program. MSU is second fiddle in Michigan and always will be (which is why Saban left for LSU). He's not going to be second fiddle somewhere else. SEC fans crack me up.

mtn cur

SEC fans crack you up? what are you talking about?

"He still has one very good option. Iowa's coach seems to be an excellent candidate. IMHO, USC should throw the kitchen sink at him. He's a safer bet than Muschamp"

did that statement offend or hurt your feelings? sounds like he's complementing kirk.

and in typical classlessness fashion from a ohio state fan you took 2 shots at the BEST coach in the country which wasn't even mentioned :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Zulu

OHVATN":4k1ymmck said:
Why would he leave an upper tier program where he has had considerable success and has brought to the brink of the playoff for an historically sub-tier program?

Not exactly the same situation, but Bielema left Wisconsin for Arkansas a few days after winning the Big-10 championship. One of his stated issues was that the SEC paid assistants considerably better than the Big-10, making it easier to recruit and maintain a staff.

That being said, I think Ferentz to SC is a long-shot.

Scioto

mtn cur":2x2f83e3 said:
SEC fans crack you up? what are you talking about?

"He still has one very good option. Iowa's coach seems to be an excellent candidate. IMHO, USC should throw the kitchen sink at him. He's a safer bet than Muschamp"

did that statement offend or hurt your feelings? sounds like he's complementing kirk.

and in typical classlessness fashion from a ohio state fan you took 2 shots at the BEST coach in the country which wasn't even mentioned :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

So says the Bammer fan who bashes every other conference and ND, including in his Baylor post of today. :rotf: :rotf: Do I really have to spell it out for you? Are you that dense? It's called parochialism.

A

Anonymous

Iowa's coach already has the kitchen sink. I don't see USC matching much less beating what he already has at iowa as far as money and a winning team. Bet he gets a raise this year.

darn2ten

OHVATN":24z6he7x said:
Kirk Ferentz has coached at Iowa for 16 years. Iowa has had two coaches in the past 35-40 years. Why would he leave an upper tier program where he has had considerable success and has brought to the brink of the playoff for an historically sub-tier program? Ferentz is the top dog in Iowa. Why would he want to got be second dog in South Carolina? When Spurrier retired, someone mentioned Dantonio because he played there. Yeah right, leave a program that you built into a top 5 program (something Saban couldn't do) for a historical losing program. MSU is second fiddle in Michigan and always will be (which is why Saban left for LSU). He's not going to be second fiddle somewhere else. SEC fans crack me up.
This is simple... It's the SEC. Like it or not, it's considered the BEST and toughest conference in CF. The rest is just yankee football...getter done!!!

Scioto

Lol. You guys prove my point and don't even realize it. Lol.

I see where Alabama now gets to go up against stiffer competition. Good thing they've got 3+ weeks to prepare, but that hasn't helped their Yankee coach the last couple of years.

Ferentz isn't going anywhere. South Carolina will hire another SEC re-tread just like last time.

darn2ten

OHVATN":2i4vzazj said:

I see where Alabama now gets to go up against stiffer competition. Good thing they've got 3+ weeks to prepare, but that hasn't helped their Yankee coach the last couple of years.

Ferentz isn't going anywhere. South Carolina will hire another SEC re-tread just like last time.
Ha, I knew you'd bite. Just a little chain yanking.

smalljawbasser

OHVATN":1jct7gih said:

Just so I'm clear, fans of SEC football teams think the SEC is generally superior to the Big10, and its "parochialism". But a Big10 fan thinks that Iowa is an upper tier team, and that's somehow not parochialism?

Give me a break.

Scioto

smalljawbasser":3hv304ka said:
OHVATN":3hv304ka said:

Just so I'm clear, fans of SEC football teams think the SEC is generally superior to the Big10, and its "parochialism". But a Big10 fan thinks that Iowa is an upper tier team, and that's somehow not parochialism?

Give me a break.

This is so much fun. :poke:

Scioto

mtn cur":1b5esfrr said:
whats 10 straight years of SEC in post season called?

Um, in case you missed it, teams from other conferences have played bowl
games for decades. But now I understand how Bama fans claim something like 537 national championships. :moon:

mtn cur

let me slow it down for the northerners.

10 straight years in the championship post season. But I understand how you didn't get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scioto

mtn cur":w53xfpyv said:
let me slow it down for the northerners.

10 straight years in the championship post season. But I understand how you didn't get it

What SEC team played in the championship last year?

SEC fans like you think college football started in the 2000s.

mtn cur

Oh, I thought BAMA made the playoffs.

10 years in a row

SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC

Latest posts