Sons first 8

Terrier

Nice deer. Congratulations to your son for the harvest and for surviving the god-awful recoil of the 150 grains of Triple 7.

I won't shoot blackpowder with more than 100 grains. Just won't do it. Isn't necessary. I've never had a problem with 100 grains doing the deed out to 150 yards.

jwb

I won't shoot blackpowder with more than 100 grains. Just won't do it. Isn't necessary. I've never had a problem with 100 grains doing the deed out to 150 yards.
It is over kill I know and I'm sure a lot of people have a opinion on powder loads and bullets but guess I'm just stubborn. He said he didn't feel it kick. I only put 100 grains in his t/c but we only took my gun Saturday. Was supposed to be dads turn to shoot but things happen fast and he was facing the deer. Have shot the same load/bullet combo for ten years or more out of that muzzleloader and I know exactly what she's gonna do and yardages with my bdc reticles when taking long shots. Honestly i don't think it's as bad as my 30/06 or my duck gun with 3-1/2s. Reckon I just like a BIG BANG.

RockMcL

Good job by your son and on the mount, looks good.

As far as the broadhead, way to many "long range" bow shots on TV & YouTube...

Latest posts