Song Lyrics relating to the times

Coker

After listening to some good older country music today, it got me to thinking about songs that have lyrics that relate to today's times. It just goes to show that we have been dealing with the same sort of BS for years.........I will post a few from today and yall can add if you like.

Merle Haggard (Walking on the Fighting Side of Me)
I hear people talking bad about the way we have to live here in this Country.........when you're running down this country man you're walking on the fighting side of me

Charlie Daniels Band (Simple Man)
I have to work like a dog to make ends meat and there's crooked politicians and crime in the street and I'm madder than hell and I aint gonna take it no more.........Well you know whats wrong with the world today, people done gone and put their Bibles away.....

Waylon Jennings (Luckenback Texas)
This successful life we're living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...........We've been so busy keeping up with the Jones, 4 car garage and we're still building on, maybe its time we got back to the basics.......

Crappie Luck

Staff member
Master, Master, where's the dreams that I've been after?
Master, Master, you promised only lies
Laughter, Laughter, all I hear or see is laughter
Laughter, Laughter, laughing at my cries

Bambi Buster

That’s a heck of a song with a patriotic storyline, but man I wonder why people feel the need to be so foul. It would be a great song without such words. I wonder does it appeal to anyone more because of vulgarity. I turned it off half way through he lost me.
Though many of them would not admit it, for some it most definitely does.

younggun308

Too bad ol’ Merle was a die hard Democrat. Hard to understand some folks.

Democrats in 2021 ≠ Democrats when Merle made it big.

Most of Tennessee voted Democrat in the last century. I bet a majority of members here over a certain age gave old Ned their vote for governor.

A few people stick with their party even after it changes radically under their feet. Old habits die hard—studies suggest when you vote for the same party in 2 consecutive Presidential elections, the odds are overwhelming you will support that party the rest of your life.

Chapman

Though many of them would not admit it, for some it most defini
That’s a heck of a song with a patriotic storyline, but man I wonder why people feel the need to be so foul. It would be a great song without such words. I wonder does it appeal to anyone more because of vulgarity. I turned it off half way through he lost me.
No reason to put the f word in the song. It ruined it for me. I'm old school though, and I try not to use those words when I speak.

RobDooley

Bob Dylan 1964..."The times they are a-changin"

Come Senators, Congressmen, Please heed the call,
Don't stand in your doorway, don't block up the hall,
For he that gets hurts, will be he who has stalled,
"Cause the battle outside ragin"
Will soon shake your windows and rattle your walls,
For the times they are a-changin

redblood

Democrats in 2021 ≠ Democrats when Merle made it big.

Most of Tennessee voted Democrat in the last century. I bet a majority of members here over a certain age gave old Ned their vote for governor.

A few people stick with their party even after it changes radically under their feet. Old habits die hard—studies suggest when you vote for the same party in 2 consecutive Presidential elections, the odds are overwhelming you will support that party the rest of your life.
You can bet i didnt. Ned was portraued himself as a good ole boy southern democrat and got the farmer vote by subsidizing inefficiency

prstide

There is an edited version that they’re playing on the radio some places.