Son Tagged Out with His Biggest - 10 pt

Jack Reed

My son killed his first archery buck with a crossbow early season which ended up being a nice 7pt. He's been saving his last tag for a good one and let a couple pass that surprised me.

We headed out this afternoon after church Thanksgiving dinner. I didn't go far and set on the ground, and he headed up the hollow to a ladder stand. I saw 3 does almost immediately headed to him and a deer snorting his direction. The deer snorting was a decent buck that he saw while putting his jacket on but gave him a pass. He then looked to his right looking at the does that just came by me when he heard something above him to his left. He looked over his left shoulder and seen this deer headed towards him. He said the horns filled up his whole scope, lol. It turned away from him broad sided at about 60 yard, and he shot. It whirled and ran right to him, and he shot him again. The second wasn't needed though as the first was perfect. We may have been there 15 mins total, and he wasn't all the way settled.

When I heard the shot, I was praying this was the deer he killed. Then he shot again, and I got worried until I heard the crash. I packed up and headed his way and think the whole stand was shaking and him holding his hands above his head signaling "biggun". It fell maybe 30 yds from his stand.

Unbelievable afternoon and thank the good Lord for two kids eat up with deer hunting.

Mainframe 9pt with a 1" kicker making him a 10pt

View attachment 157034

View attachment 157035

View attachment 157036
Awesome deer. Congrats

Latest posts