Son got his mount back

deerfever

I was thinking 140 honestly
I believe you are very close, I have one in here that is 132 and some change . I had it measured by an official scorer years ago. His is definitely better than that one. His taxidermist did some measurements but he didn't measure one of the points as he only has 4 on each side. His spread credit is impossible way to large, LOL ( I think he just wrote down an error and didn't notice). If spread credit is the length of the longest main beam? He has the longest main beam at 21, . If his other measurements are correct it adds up to 138 and change . That is without one of the points on the left side? He only has 4 points measured for both sides? I will eventually get it to someone out of curiosity. I appreciate all the kind words about his deer .

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I believe you are very close, I have one in here that is 132 and some change . I had it measured by an official scorer years ago. His is definitely better than that one. His taxidermist did some measurements but he didn't measure one of the points as he only has 4 on each side. His spread credit is impossible way to large, LOL ( I think he just wrote down an error and didn't notice). If spread credit is the length of the longest main beam? He has the longest main beam at 21, . If his other measurements are correct it adds up to 138 and change . That is without one of the points on the left side? He only has 4 points measured for both sides? I will eventually get it to someone out of curiosity. I appreciate all the kind words about his deer .
I just did a quick guess on it.
I just went back and looked at the rack and if it won't hit 140 it's gonna scare the crap out of it.
Very impressive deer.

The spread is measured at the widest inside spread.
I gave it 18" which is conservative, and I didn't notice you said main beam length was 21", and I had it at 20" so I am probably really close on all the other measurements.
Mass is hard to judge by a picture but I just gave it 8 measurements of 4". That will probably be a bit low as well.
It's gonna be 138-140.

deerfever

I know this was old but just an update, I took the deer out to a TWRA scoring day recently. I wanted the official paper to frame and hang up for him by his first buck. 143 1/8 was the gross score so some of you were pretty much right on , this site has lots of good scorer's ! Thanks for all the guesses as it can be rough from just a picture. Lol

Last edited:

jman 125

Thats a heck of a first buck congratulations to him. Just please dont get him caught up in the if he doesnt score he isnt worth my time attitude.
That said that spike i killed 30 years ago that scored 4 inches and netted 3.5 means just as much to me as the 150 i have on the wall. Again not trying to be disrespectful that is a heck of a first deer and super congratulations to you both

deerfever

Lows 30s. Super nice
Scored 143 1/8, I revived the thread to give the update. Been trying to get it scored,.they called me up a few weeks ago and told me about this event as I had emailed to let them know I wanted to get a deer scored.

Last edited:

deerfever

Thats a heck of a first buck congratulations to him. Just please dont get him caught up in the if he doesnt score he isnt worth my time attitude.
That said that spike i killed 30 years ago that scored 4 inches and netted 3.5 means just as much to me as the 150 i have on the wall. Again not trying to be disrespectful that is a heck of a first deer and super congratulations to you both
He knows that was a rare deal and that he may never kill one that big again. He is just very thankful he got the opportunity. He is allowed to shoot whatever makes him happy, so whatever he decides to shoot in the future is totally up to him and we will both be just as excited .I am like you I remember the good old days of everyone being gathered around a truck no matter what size buck it had in it.

jman 125

He knows that was a rare deal and that he may never kill one that big again. He is just very thankful he got the opportunity. He is allowed to shoot whatever makes him happy, so whatever he decides to shoot in the future is totally up to him and we will both be just as excited .I am like you I remember the good old days of everyone being gathered around a truck no matter what size buck it had in it.
I really miss those days

Snake

symmetry almost perfect, so your non typical score would be a tad higher, due to that left sided extra tine, otherwise, amazing deer

Had it scored yesterday by TWRA 143 1/8, I just revived the thread to give an update. It's posted above, Super nice guys and they did it all day long.
I know people don't like what I say about the net of a score not the gross but I look at the net because that's what goes in the books if you desire to . If that's the net then he can enter it into the Tennessee Deer Registry . Great deer no matter the score brother. I judge some on here by my 11 point which was scored by a registered scorer at some rally they had here years ago . Your son's is quite a bit better than mine at 127 3/8 . Symmetrical racks score much better than those that have extra points like mine the three inch exta point was a deduction which I don't like but that's how they do it .

BPhunter

This on my front pasture this morning....beautiful sight.
20240203_080114_027.jpg

Latest posts