Son and I Double, Kinda

triple threat

For at least the past ten years I've tried to get my son on a Turkey so he could get his first one! He's played sports in high school and college, been in USMC, grad school, newly married and moved to SC so it hasn't been easy. We've had some close calls and some no calls and experienced the agony of defeat. Well, this past Saturday morning about 10 I'm backed up against a big ol' pine tree yelping and watching down an old logging road. I get a text from him that says gobbler down! He was hunting at his FIL's place in NC. I was crazy excited for him! I'd been praying that morning that God would bless him with a Turkey and God would get the glory! I told God over and over "thank you"!
I hadn't seen a Turkey in one all day hunt, one evening hunt and a morning hunt! I had heard a few gobbles. I messed around with one about 2 pm but I guess I wasn't interesting enough to him, either. For the evening hunt, I set up at a spot they were known to roost. I set out a hen decoy and yelped, clucked and purred a little from 5 -6 pm. At 6 this gobbler came out so I shot him! 19 lbs, 10" beard, 1" spurs. So, we doubled 540 miles and 8 hours apart! Still thanking the Creator!

Attachments

• 5D7F8DDA-C8EF-4DE1-A419-168E130EE443.jpeg
    5D7F8DDA-C8EF-4DE1-A419-168E130EE443.jpeg
    482.6 KB · Views: 111