Some people! An Ebay experience!

DMD

We decided to buy tickets for Disney World from what appeared to be a reputable ticket agent on Ebay. I have been buying and selling on ebay for 15+years, with very little problems. But, this experience has been pitiful!! I won't bore you with what has happened up til this point, but here is the latest deal:

The auction state in bold letters that the tickets included free parking at Disney World. So, finally today, the tickets arrived in the mail. Here are the instructions for FREE PARKING: There are two options:

1. Park at a Disney Resort and tell the Resort you are meeting family there so they don't tow your car away and ride the Resort shuttle.

2. Option #2 - When you get to the parking lot, tell the attendant you are going to drop someone off at the gate. They will direct you to a special lane to drop off someone, once you get past the attendant, cut back into the regular parking lane and go park. You will not need a parking pass.

UNBELIEVABLE!!! Needless to say, they will get a negative rating and I am reporting them to Ebay and Disney...after I get back, so they don't mess up my tickets (that I hope work!!!). There are some unbelievable people in the world!

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
I would not follow the directions to park without a pass . You will very likely get towed. Once you give them negative feedback Ebay will try to help you get them to make it right. Send a copy of your receipt for parking once you get reimbursed you can change the negative feedback to neutral. Don't let it ruin your vacation.Take a Bass Rod they're are some nice ones in the Disney Lakes !!

Doe-lusional

that sucks, id report them for sure, and Sorry I have to say that I did chuckle at their ideas on free parking. I believe they are totally wrong and hope you get it worked out.

DMD

I am in the process of contacting Disney to see if the tickets are indeed valid. If not, I will contact my credit card company, they have been very good in the past in taking care of fraudalent situations. I am not going to try their free parking method - sounds like a bunch of teenagers trying to get into a drive-in movie for free!!! It's just pitiful how low-down sorry people can be.

DMD

Well...I contacted Disney. I dealt with the nicest person I ever dealt with in a customer service situation. She said indeed we had been scammed. She said the tickets were Florida Resident tickets and (she said) we would not have gotten in. I am not sure about that, as seems like I have heard of others getting in with Florida resident tickets. Anyway, she was very kind and Disney is giving us three FREE 4 day tickets to Disney World! How's that for customer service!!!!! They were VERY grateful for the information I was able to provide about the scammers and they asked me not to let the scammers know that I turned them in, as they are going to "catch them". Thanks to all for words of wisdom.

Pic IN the Casa

WOW!!! Good for you.

Another Disney Customer Service Incident- if you don't mind:

We went down when my daughter was 3. We were eating at The Chrystal Palace inside the park (had one of those deals where you make reservations with the characters- not cheap IMO).

So my daughter is chasing after Mickey and hits her eye on the corner of a pilar. She's squawlling and it goes black in about 4 minutes. EVERYBODY at the joint came over to check on her. EVERY character came back out, after their gig was over, and spent time with her.

We gathered our stuff walked up to pay. The mgr said "hey, nobody cries at Disneyland. there's no charge". Even gave us passes to come for lunch the next day. We were extatic. Saved us about $100 that day and saved us another $75 the next.

Moral of the story- when you go, push someone into a post and get a free meal.

DMD

pressfit said:
Pastor, what is your stand on the Southern Baptist boycotting Disney?

I am pretty sure the SBC dropped the boycott sometime back. But, personally...I find it near impossible, nor scripturally right to boycott every business that has business practices I disagree with. Do not misunderstand me, there are some businesses I will not do business with on spiritual and moral basis, and I do appreciate the SBC addressing what I consider Disney making some wrong moral stands and decisions. Personally, I did not boycott Disney (I am not a member of the SBC). But, as I said...there are some businesses I avoid or absolutely refrain from doing business. But, it is a personal and prayerful choice.