Some I've collected

recurve60#

Ive never been diehard, but always looked for them when I saw possibilities when I was young. Ive lost more than I have today, and some of these are what my grandfather found in his garden.
20220915_221056.jpg
20220915_221045.jpg
20220915_214334.jpg

backyardtndeer

Very nice collection. I have found a few in my garden spot, unfortunately after running the tiller through. Figure there would be good potential around here to find some, but don't really know anything about hunting for them.

recurve60#

First frame, bottom row, third from left. Looks to be Del Rio chert. It outcrops in a very small area near where those points were found.

VERY cool!
Ive found some like that. Thanks for your input.
Ive got several quartz heads. What's speculated those were used for? They are all so stubby and rounded that i cant see them used as any tool at all.

Lost Lake

Ive found some like that. Thanks for your input.
Ive got several quartz heads. What's speculated those were used for? They are all so stubby and rounded that i cant see them used as any tool at all.
I'm sure that when freshly made, those quartz points were sharper. Quartz is harder to work and control as far as knapping goes, but fractures out to pretty sharp edges. Most times, the NA's used what was at hand, material-wise. Usually that material is found more east of your location.

You've got some neat points in there. Very nice.

Latest posts