Some .224 70 gr Accubond Range Results

DaveB

Got two groups of 20 loaded with 70 grain Accubonds for our bolt Axis. This is in a Boyds thumbhole laminate and has a Weaver 6x18x44 glass.
The rifle shoots 55 FMJ's and 60 gr Partitions into sub one inch groups-nearly one hole-but the 70's gave me a bit of trouble early on, most of which was due to me. Got it working and decided to show latest range results:
All were in nickle brass, Fed GM205MAR, SAAMI length.

here is H322 23 grains, Not sure of stringing-Shot 1 was lowest, 2 was next up etc. Barrel was cold for first two shots.
SAM_0190.JPG

This the Shooters World Tactical Rifle results and frankly I was pleased as punch.
SAM_0189.JPG

All 7 shots were in a row and no stringing. Going to load my remaining 100+ 70's with TacRif. Really starting to think this powder is the way to go.

DaveB

I took two 223's to the range.
1. Savage Axis
2. T/C Venture

Twist on the Axis is 1:9. As long as I can feed it 70 gr Accubonds that is all I will load for this rifle.

Twist on the T/C Venture is 1:12 which limits that one to the 60 gr Nosler Partition. I shoot the partition out of our AR and 22-250 with satisfactory results.

DaveB

MUP and FC; Thanks for the kind words. I could not find any 748 as DA uses and as he has already killed a bunch of deer with his recipe I knew I had to get busy or stay in the right lane.

I tried the 70's in the Venture and even when I knew I was keyholing and clear off paper at 25 yards I persisted. Really wanted the Venture teamed up with the Accubond, as if the excellent accuracy I got with the Partitions was insufficient.

Any way, Will be back at range to get the Venture exactly on the X at 100. Will then load up a bunch of rounds for that rifle and put it all in the Classifieds.

Latest posts