Socks - merino wool

Gravey

I have been looking for some 100% merino wool socks and found some by Kakuetta Trail. Was hoping to try them out the last weekend of the season but they delivered on Saturday after I was gone. My feet sweat bad so wondering if anybody has ever used them or know of another 100% merino wool sock that keeps your feet warm and dry while sitting in stand. I've been using smartwool up to this point and they do better than anything else I've ever found.

MickThompson

I buy whatever merino wool socks I can get on sale but I wear boots all day every day. BPS lifetime warranty socks are some good heavyweight ones that I usually wear stand hunting or duck hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HenryCohunter

I have several different types of merino wool socks. Blends from 40% all the way to like 85% and they all seem to work about the same once it's really cold. The best thing I have done is buy some super light weight nylon/spandex whacking socks and use them under my wool socks. Makes a huge difference in comfort.

infoman jr.

I have merino socks by Smartwool, First Lite, Darn Tough, and Fits. The only ones I don't care much for are the Darn Tough. My feet seem to sweat in them quite a bit. I wore the Expedition weight Fits on the last hunt I went on. They kept me toasty.

Deer Whisperer

In addition to merino wool socks, the thing that helped me the most with moisture management / warmth is wool felt insoles. You can but the insoles as thin as 2 or 3 mm, and as thick as 13mm.

Latest posts