So I guess anyone can apply for our blind draw???

spoonie

D0168C67-4387-4306-8656-431E9587DC05.png

It seems to be a loop hole in the system this year, I took advantage of it and created a party full of family memebers and friends

JDUB

Where else in the country can you put in for a season long duck hunt where a blind is provided? Just doesnt make sense to me that Out of state folks would be allowed to put in for season long blinds.....

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Where else in the country can you put in for a season long duck hunt where a blind is provided? Just doesnt make sense to me that Out of state folks would be allowed to put in for season long blinds.....

I may be wrong, but isn't that how the Mississippi River pool spots work? There are some places where OOS are in the "poor line," but it's not impossible to draw.

WilcoKen

What a cluster this is. The agency should have clearly communicated the fact that no license was needed to draw this year. IMO it was very deceptive in how they set this draw up. As if last year's draw system could not have gotten any worse—the TWRA has managed to do it. It's a gimmick that will likely come back to bite them in the long run. But it temporarily paid for a bunch of $30k blinds. SMH.

West_Tn

Was that way during the hand held draw days as well, they just had to purchase the licenses/permits in order to enter. All the wives, girlfriends, aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends of friends....Look at the big groups of 200+ folks that drew together, but only about 35-40 at best actually hunted.
It's not even close to the same man. Yea some people brought their wives, girlfriends, and some family members, but the vast majority were still hunters. You had to pay $80ish for the appropriate license to be eligible to enter the drawing plus had to be willing to sit out there for hours in the hot August Summer heat.

Now you can pay $12 ($14 with handling fees) and click a few buttons to get as many people to enter as you can. But hey....their number of entrees will be way up and they will twist that number calling their changes to the drawing process a success.

TAFKAP

It's not even close to the same man. Yea some people brought their wives, girlfriends, and some family members, but the vast majority were still hunters. You had to pay $80ish for the appropriate license to be eligible to enter the drawing plus had to be willing to sit out there for hours in the hot August Summer heat.

Now you can pay $12 ($14 with handling fees) and click a few buttons to get as many people to enter as you can. But hey....their number of entrees will be way up and they will twist that number calling their changes to the drawing process a success.

They've named it "opportunity"

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
So... if I pay my $12 and get a blind, then do not buy a license does the blind go empty all season or go to the 3 day hunts or what?
It goes to Tier 4 for the season - First come first served if I understand it right. And the drawer is banned from the blind draw the next year if the blind isn't built..

Last edited:

drake799

This may be a dumb question. But all these people that made up parties with people just paying the $12 say they are drawn. Is everyone in the party required to buy a license then. Or only if they will actually hunt?

West_Tn

This may be a dumb question. But all these people that made up parties with people just paying the $12 say they are drawn. Is everyone in the party required to buy a license then. Or only if they will actually hunt?
Only if you hunt.

West_Tn

It goes to Tier 4 for the season - First come first served if I understand it right. And the drawer is banned from the blind draw the next year.
You buying a license has nothing to do with it. If you don't return the notice of intent saying you intend to hunt then it goes to Tier 4. Buying or not buying your license has nothing to do with it.

Latest posts