So I guess anyone can apply for our blind draw???

JDUB

Seems like if you pay a fee you can put in for TN waterfowl blind draw….even if you're out of state! There you go guys! More opportunity

tmorelli

I posted on one of the fb groups about this. They changed the in person blind draws and told us it was to improve access to hunters across the state. If you needed proof that it is a money grab, it's evident in the fact that the online drawing is open to anyone over 16 with a twra number - this means non-residents with nothing more than a $12 fee.

Just wait until an anti-hunting group decides to get in on the draw. They could effectively shut down the blinds that can't be hopped under the new rules.

How's that for improved access for TN residents?

GUNNERX2

The $12 fee is just for the draw. To get a TWRA number for out of state hunters, they must purchase a non-resident license which is not cheap. Then there is the WMA permit which is not cheap and on top of that is the TN State duck stamp. TN is not kind to out of state hunters in terms of license fees. If they want to participate, more power to 'em.

flyinpro

"OUR" blinds?

Guess that's been part of the problem. This is a equal opportunity draw. I didn't know non residents could draw. That's a problem I was not aware of.

However, I'm satisfied with the new draw system and the equal chance of drawing a public blind.

JDUB

The $12 fee is just for the draw. To get a TWRA number for out of state hunters, they must purchase a non-resident license which is not cheap. Then there is the WMA permit which is not cheap and on top of that is the TN State duck stamp. TN is not kind to out of state hunters in terms of license fees. If they want to participate, more power to 'em.
Is this if you get drawn or you must purchase all this before and then pay 12 bucks?

drake799

Someone was telling me you just had to pay 12 dollars and you could apply. That didn't hardly sound right to me. Seems like they would
Lose money that way lol

WilcoKen

I believe you must be licensed to put in for the draw.
My son who is 20 entered the draw and paid the $12 fee. He joined my party. A few days later he received an email from TWRA stating he needed to purchase 091 license. I'm guessing you have to have that (or Sportsman's Lic) to be eligible to participate. I think it was $61 for resident. At this point, who knows how this new system will work.

Attachments

• 1E82A4BA-2339-4D56-972A-51A7E31BBB92.jpeg
    1E82A4BA-2339-4D56-972A-51A7E31BBB92.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 43

Crazyeye

You don't have to have a license to draw. Just a twra number. If you have a number it will work even if you have not bought a license in years.

Crazyeye

You don't have to have a license to draw. Just a twra number. If you have a number it will work even if you have not bought a license in years.
I thought you had to at least buy a license. I put a person on just to see. Maybe it is a glitch.

Crazyeye

A guy in our group hadn't bought a license yet. When he tried to join the group on the TWRA page it prompted him to purchase a one. At least that's what he told us.
Did he buy his license so he could join? Or was he just bowing out of being in your group?

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Thanks TWRA there will be thousands of people with no intention of hunting in there now.
Was that way during the hand held draw days as well, they just had to purchase the licenses/permits in order to enter. All the wives, girlfriends, aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends of friends....Look at the big groups of 200+ folks that drew together, but only about 35-40 at best actually hunted.

Pic IN the Casa

Was that way during the hand held draw days as well, they just had to purchase the licenses/permits in order to enter. All the wives, girlfriends, aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends of friends....Look at the big groups of 200+ folks that drew together, but only about 35-40 at best actually hunted.
We only have 12-13 in our group. The wives and daughters thing stinks but at least they spent money for a license. I don't mind that as much as Peta ppl, en masse, signing up for $12 a pop.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Even PETA can't stop 1) hunters from drawing a considerable number of blinds, 2) hunters hopping blinds they draw (yeah, PETA is not occupying them every day; too much trouble compared to just playing cymbals in a walk-in WMA, which they don't do either), and 3) their fees under this scenario from being spent in such a way that benefits hunting. Would be an all-around ineffective strategy for them.

I'm also dubious there's a massive legion of OOS hunters clamoring for our non-Reelfoot blinds, when they could go to Missouri, Kansas, or Arkansas. But maybe there are more than I realize.

Crazyeye

Yes but the difference was people had to buy their license and be there in person. That is my biggest complaint. Everyone wants a place to hunt but don't want to put forth any effort to show up.

Latest posts