So I bought one…

Outdoor Enthusiast

I went to the gun shop the other day and on a whim I grabbed a Stevens 410 shotgun.

I have been thinking about getting one for my oldest daughter to shoot and hunt turkeys. She is only 9 and sort of a small frame so I am hoping she can handle it. Anyone have experience letting a small girl shoot one? Advice?

It came with a little red dot scope which will help her a lot.

Too bad it is so hard to get 410 shells.

Bgoodman30

Yes my 6 yo and 9 yo have shot that gun and love it. My 9 yo tagged his first gobbler with it.

deerfever

Great little guns! Mine patterns great with the stock choke and Federal TSS. I hope she gets her limit this year with it! Good luck and yes shells have been hard to find for a 410. I would put it in a lead sled or get her a limbsaver recoil pad if you are worried about recoil when she shoots. She will not feel a thing when an old Tom comes in! Good luck!

Outdoor Enthusiast

Great little guns! Mine patterns great with the stock choke and Federal TSS. I hope she gets her limit this year with it! Good luck and yes shells have been hard to find for a 410. I would put it in a lead sled or get her a limbsaver recoil pad if you are worried about recoil when she shoots. She will not feel a thing when an old Tom comes in! Good luck!
Good point. I will likely let Her shoot off a lead sled as you suggest.

Gravey

Let her shoot it with squirrel loads and then the morning of a hunt put a tss shell in there. If she squeezes the trigger on a gobbler she won't know the difference. That's what I did when my son was 8 and shooting a 20. Practiced with 2 3/4" shells and when hunting used 3" turkey loads. He had no clue when he busted that birds noggin.

Bgoodman30

Saw a young man get his first duck with one in February. My son got his first turkey and dove with it this year. The kids like the "laser" dot.
Definitely don't go cheap with the ammo get the Apex TSS.